The Prologue

Prologue

1190 The Abbey Of Notre Dame Jerusalem

The Chamber of Jean de Gisors , The Grand Master

He described himself as God's servant on earth and answerable only to God .

Jean de Gisors was undoubtedly the Grand Master and had led his crusading forces into many battles . He had killed and shed his own blood .  However unlike many of his predecessors whose hands were permanently drenched in blood he was something of an enigma. He now preached peace and was a Christian , he had taken a beautiful Arab wife who remained a Muslim.

In the second chamber De Gisors had summoned his main bishop Andre of Magasur , a French Bishop from the Normandy area of France , a staunch ally and friend of many years and six other Bishops.

Rising from his  carved oak chair he opened his arms and gestured that the Bishops sit around the vast marble table in the centre of the room , a treasure taken from Solomon and the scene of countless councils of war . Gold dripped from his fingers , carved demonic serpents appeared to wrap around the throne their eyes set as rubies and emeralds stared coldly at the Bishops . Resplendent in scarlet and gold robes lined in ermine and silk he placed his hands on the table in front of him and paused looking at each of the bishops in turn . The same stare many Saracen warriors had seen as their last sight on earth. No one took their eyes off him and no one wanted his stare to stop at them .At least twenty young men surrounded the room , five holding Templar banners . The room had huge mullioned windows overlooking three stone lined rectangular ponds , symmetrical to one another . All were surrounded by rows of stone pillars each intricately carved with serpents and snakes trailing around them .He waited for more than a minute . The Bishops never blinking or leaving his gaze . He slowly looked intensely at each of them , as if looking deep into their souls .

In front of him was a red silk sheet , clearly covering something . Pulling away the silk he pointed at seven gold stars . Probably six inches point to point in diameter . One of the stars had another identical star set into it. The Bishops gasped , Bishop Rupert covered his mouth. They knew of the legend , but none had ever known if the legend be myth or fact passed down over years.To the six junior Bishops to his left he kissed each of the stars looking at them as he did . Then handed the  stars over after placing each one in a draw string bag.To Andre of Magasur he gave the other star within a star . Not a word had been spoken , The Bishops had barely drawn breath.

Raising his hands to the ceiling he exclaimed

" It is Gods will that you disappear each of you and go from this place, travel to the seven corners of the world and place your star within the church you build . That star must never be parted from your church .You will embrace all faith within your church ...The Church of the Seven Stars ..... You will embrace each of you the crescent moon this will be gods sign to you . When the time is right the seven stars will be re united under one religion . This will be one true faith . Gods judgement will then begin.....Andre my friend ....you will be Gods first shepherd ....others will follow , but God will choose" .

So began the journey of the stars .