Chapter 25

Surprisingly I was woken by rain against my window .

Yawning , I picked up my alarm clock from the bedside table expecting it to read about 7am.

0845 , bloody hell , I thought throwing back the duvet . Suzannah is coming round at nine .

Putting my bathrobe on I glanced out of the window no sign of her yet , good . I must have been exhausted I thought , but today I felt upbeat and  certainly not tired . Lets hope today brings some good news .

Cleaning my teeth , I glanced around on the floor for my jeans and a shirt as the door bell rang . Hearing the door bell ring , I pulled my bath robe together tightening the belt .

" Good morning Suzannah , I'm sorry I over layed , pretty exhausted I guess "

" Not a problem " She replied " Shall I make us some coffee "

" Yes , sure you know where it is , I'm gonna grab a shower , get changed and be back down in a few minutes . Put your raincoat over that chair and I'll grab a hanger for it from upstairs , two minutes "

" Ok " she replied

I turned onto the stairs " Kitchen that door if you remember " pointing

"That coffee smells bloody good " I said as I walked into the kitchen

She turned pouring a cup for me " Do you take milk "

" Bloody hell " I exclaimed " you look different

She laughed " good or bad ? I was just happy to get out of my Library uniform "

She was dressed in tight black jeans . I didn't realise how slim she was , long legs into black strappy sandals and in a tight white blouse a few buttons undone . A few other buttons strained open a little testament to her extremely large breasts  . Her hair falling around her face and shoulders .

I hope she didn't catch me staring " Err good definitely good " I coughed the words out

" That's Ok then " She said " After you "

She followed  me into the study . I'd managed to collect the papers into two large piles placing them on the coffee table .

" How do you think we should start " I asked

" Why dont't I go through Gideon's stuff you go through Joshua's , a plan ? " I replied

" Suzanna nodded " If we concentrate on their own findings and make notes of all relevant things , see if we have any common ground , oh I took the liberty of bringing two note pads " She passed one to me "

We scoured through the notes and sheets of paper and cuttings for the rest of the morning only pausing to make further pots of coffee . The mantle clock struck 12 . With a sigh I leaned back into my chair .

" Fancy a sandwich , I have some cheese or ham and maybe some pickle if you're lucky " I suggested

" Ham be great" she replied , her head still buried in piles of notes .

I got up to walk to the kitchen,

" John"

" Yes"

I turned at the doorway ,

" You know " she said still looking partly into her notes " so much of mine refers to the bible "

" Yes , mine too " I replied turning into the kitchen .

" Do you think we should cross reference the Bible stuff " She replied As I looked for some butter and a knife .