Chapter 12 Peoples Facility Salford Present Day

Chapter Twelve

Salford Peoples Facility  Present Day

I walked back to the desk and started to look through the folder again . Maybe I was hoping for something else to appear within it...I had no idea really.

Closing it I stood and started to pace the room . My head was in a state of absolute panic . I could not make any sense of this , what was happening to me ...to us .

I could feel myself sweating and I started to feel claustrophobic . I banged and yelled at the door .

" Someone please let me out , for fucks sake open the door "

If I sounded desperate , I was.

I sat back at the desk ,immediately standing and pacing again like a condemned prisoner waiting for a last minute reprieve .

I picked up the folder and in my frustration and temper and panic threw it across the floor . Papers scattered.

" For Gods sake , please open the door " I pleaded  barely audible

Glancing at my watch it was now 11am , I had been here two hours .

Feeling my mobile phone in my pocket , I flicked the cover open .

Fuck there was no signal " Ok Ok jokes over , you win " I ran to the door shouting . Banging on it hard until my fists grew redder and redder . Then just slowly walked to the far side of the room and slid down the wall , sitting with my head in my hands .

The silence was terrifying , not a sound .

Then the door rattled , I leapt to my feet .

Anje walked in the room .

" I'm sorry you have had to wait so long Mr Tutbury " She said without a flicker of emotion.

" I've been here two and a half bloody hours , and what's this bloody file .....I'm getting out of this place "

Turning her back to the door , she pointed her hand as if to follow .

" Follow me please Mr Tutbury"

I paused for a second , sighed and then walking over the papers I had thrown on the floor I followed Anje .

" Where am I going "

Anje didn't reply , we just walked along a corridor .

"Anje please tell me where we are going" I pleaded trying to keep up with her

" Follow me please sir " She replied totally void of emotion .

She stared impassively into the distance

We stopped at large red double doors . She knocked twice .

The doors opened

An identically dressed virtual carbon copy of Anje stood in front of us

Anje gestured me forward announcing

" I Bring Mr Tutbury"

The new lady stepped backwards allowing me to walk in . I'd stepped two or three paces into the room when the doors banged behind me .

The new lady held her hand up

" Wait There "

The room was totally oak panelled with twelve church like pew seats down two of its sides , each with individual crimson  cushions placed on them . Hanging on the walls were huge paintings , all of religious significance . On the left was a huge high backed carved chair , serpents were carved entwining themselves around the arms and back Their eyes set as rubies and emeralds staring demonically . In front was a table with a silver chalice and a gold pen . To the side a thick ledger .

I looked all around me .

" What now " I asked not expecting an answer

She didn't move just stared at two huge oak studded doors in front of us . A minute , maybe two passed . My watch gave out a ping sound it does on the hour , the only noise in another eerily silent room.

Then the huge doors opened and another identical lady walked out of the darkness of the room behind her . She gestured that I should walk into the room .

I looked at both of the ladies and then walked alone into the blackness , I couldn't focus , this was dense black .

I was perhaps ten feet into the room or abys or whatever it was when the huge doors slammed behind me .

I was alone again .