The Phelps Society Headquarters New York Present Day

" You spoke to Tutbury yet Krey "

" Good morning Sir " Krey adjusted his position in his car seat his mobile phone propped against his ear and shoulder " Not yet , I thought I'd give him a day to get started , I'm keeping a safe distance "

" How safe " came the strong Bronx accent

" I am about ten miles away , near enough to get to him if I need to , but far enough away "

There was a pause " Well remember why you are there and who'se side you are on Krey , I am not interested in the Gideon Society just The Star , is that clear "

" Yes Sir "

The caller to Krey was agent Mancini of CIA based within the all powerful Phelps Society , he was also Inland Security Advisor to the President .

" As soon as you are sure he has got it , let me know . Then when you have got it , we eliminate Tutbury . They will think he caught the virus from his wife " Mancini paused " You got that Krey"

" Yes Sir "

" Oh and Krey , it's not in our interest we keep this war going "

" Of course sir " Krey replied calmly

" Ok call me tomorrow " Mancini hung up at the same time pressing the intercom button on his desk " Come in please" he requested

Immediately a tall young lady walked in , Maria was for now Mancini's PA but the Society had great hopes for her for the future and had paid her education from the age of six . She was hand picked from Mancini's own neighbourhood as a brilliant protégé . Her parents were given jobs on the Long Island training base the Phelps Society used . This was not uncommon within the societies history . Mancini preferred to think her family originated from Naples and so did his , and that was the kind of bond he chose to honour .

He put his pen down " I want a trace putting on every call to and from Krey's phone , oh and what Hotel is he staying in ? "

Maria looked at her note pad . " He is staying in room 14 at The Lydgate Hotel in Sheffield , I have all ready got a trace on his calls and I have traces on every call in and out of the Hotel , we are also able to monitor The Hotels CCTV as well sir . The trace on his car is very clear ."

Mancini sat back in his chair " Thank you Maria , oh you couldn't organise some proper coffee from Alfredo's Deli could you ?"

" Sure thing sir "

She walked out of the office closing the doors behind her

Mancini smiled ruefully contemplating the fact that life was much easier when someone did your work for you and could carry the blame if it went wrong

Krey scrolled down his contacts list on his cell phone . Putting it on hands free he leaned back in his car seat .

Three rings and the phone was answered

" Father Thomas Reaney , this is Krey "

" Hello son " the father replied , his Dublin accent still strong despite living in England and other countrie for many years

" Has Tutbury been to the church yet "

" Yes earlier today " The father replied " He just walked around picked up a few leaflets "

" Ok , did he see you "

" No" The Father assured

Krey continued " Ok , don't ignore him , but play the new boy , I don't know anything routine"

" Ok sir " The Father replied , just one thing err  Father Michael ......"

Krey laughed " Oh he met God sooner than he expected , he just wouldn't tow the line . He tried but he didn't understand what working for us meant . He seemed to think being a Priest was all about God "

Father Thomas laughed " Well he got that wrong Sir "

" Sure did Father , Ok keep me informed and I will check in with you tomorrow "

" Ok Krey sir , God be with you " The Father said finishing his sentence with laughter

Krey laughed out loud " Yeah yeah yeah .....Go and drink some of that Communion wine "

Both finished the conversation laughing " Father Thomas laughed , bye then sir , I'm off to learn how to play dominos with a bunch of farmers "