Chapter 33

Looking out of the kitchen window I saw Suzannah struggling down the Poplar lane , laden down with bags , The sun shone from behind her highlighting her blonde hair .

Hurrying out , I took three of the bags from her " " we planning a party Suzannah " She laughed

I put all the bags by the door

"Well Suzannah you must have bought the shop , have you left anything for anyone else " I laughed back

" John , Oh I can shop " we both laughed together " If I am going to be living here , I am gong to contribute"

I said " Ok cool"

I carried the bags into the kitchen placing them on the table

" I think I will cook tonight " Suzanna said " she picked a bag out of her shopping

" What you planning " I asked , all ready looking forward to it

" Well John , I got beef fillet "

We put the food away in the kitchen and walked into the study

Suzannah was worried about me I knew " John  have you thought any more"

" I haven't , sorry " I walked to the French doors of the study and pushed them open , sunshine flooded in .

" I'm struggling a bit Suzannah , making business calls , but lost it to be honest ......nothing was said for a few minutes " It's so hot " I announced stating the obvious and then walking between the two sun loungers

" You know " I suggested " Shall we work outside " right now I was in a terrible place

Suzannah picked up her items and walked outside

The terrace overlooking 9 acres of gardens and meadow which were perfectly prepared looked sensational. Over the last couple of weeks the perennials had started to show . The ancient terrace was under planted  with mint . Roses and honeysuckle grew over the  pagoda . Kiftsgate roses were in abundant . A huge stone fountain sat in the middle of the gardens dividing everything .

" Does that fountain work John " Suzannah asked

I flicked a switch by my side , the fountain burst into life

" Yes " I said laughing

We sat for maybe twenty minutes just enjoying the sunshine and the scenery . after all this was a view I had bought .

Suzannah pointed " You see that stone building there in the valley , well I went to school there , we were taught by nuns "

I laughed " Convent girl , They are the worst "

We both laughed

We laughed some more and maybe for an hour I forget my troubles , and enjoyed the beauty of five acres . For a brief moment I was miles away with my thoughts .

Suzannah brought all the files outside . I kicked my shoes off .  , what If I do nothing, absolutely nothing  ,

I smiled " You know Suzannah , it is easy to understand when you look at this beautiful land why he felt like god , when he owned all this "

" Yes , as far as we can see ..........he just wanted power , he was god. .....or at least a god figure , people lived and died around here , without ever leaving , so all they knew was this life .....so very sad "  Suzannah pondered " He was the master , the law , the judge "

I smiled

Suzannah continued " That is what he had over his chair and the courthouse , you remember John ' All must come afore the judge' he was the judge , the judge .