Chapter 44

My heart raced and I felt adrenalin race through me , the lights seemed to merge into one , nausea rose inside me . I fought to recover my senses .

" Blake " I stuttered " What the ....you were at the fucking hospital......What have you done with Carol "

Rage overturned fear and I stepped forward my fists clenched . Suddenly both my arms were dragged behind me back . I was spun round my head pushed down and a semi automatic pistol was pushed against my head , three Alsation dogs barely restrained by their handlers lunged forward at me .

Blake barked " Back Off" to the guards as he leaned his face into mine , my head now pushed into the wall , he  whispered as the  the smell of cheap cologne filled my nostrils

"Like I said  Welcome Mr Tutbury "

I looked slightly to the right seeing his face silhouetted in the neon lighting against the dark tunnel .

" Fuck you Blake " I spit out

Blake pushed his face closer into mine

" Get on your knees Tutbury " 

My shoulders were pushed further down as I swung my head at Blake catching him above his nose with my forehead . Blake recoiled in pain his hands to his face .

A guard jerked me further down as a boot hit my ribs . I winced and heard a crack of bone.

"Fuck" I blurted aimed at Blake

My head was rammed again into the wall

A gun barrel smashed into the wall missing my head

The second didn't . causing a thick darkness.

I regained consciousness being dragged , pushed and pulled down a passageway . A door opened . I was thrust into a room  .My arms tied behind my back. I was thrown to the floor , my ankles now were tightly bound with nylon and cord .

I could smell a woman

I looked up . The pain in my head increased . Various pairs of eyes bore down at me . My memory started to return.  Blake was in front of me , my memory of events started to return.

I coughed and spat blood . Strangely I felt strong.

I was dragged to my feet by two guards holding my arms

Blood dripped from my head to the floor, running down my face , and into my mouth

I spit blood in front of him . " Fuck You Blake , go on kill me you lying bastard , What have I to lose "

My head was yanked up and my face was turned to Blake, I was about to die . Somehow I wasn't afraid .

He held a swab against his nose ,shaking his head . Somehow his public school ego had been dented. Not that I cared, somehow in my mind I had moved on. Something had happened in my head , I remembered the fable of the cobra and the lamb.

"I had rather think you have your wife to lose , but like I said Mr Tutbury , welcome "

I spit blood onto the floor " And like I said Blake , Fuck You "

 I coughed and started to focus , the grip on my head was released . A woman walked from behind me and stood next to Blake . The room was functional like a cheap hotel room , but without the bed. A table , a sofa two chairs and a door to my right.

The woman who had been holding my head now held out a plastic cup full of water .

" Drink sir " She said placing the cup in my hand