Gideon Tutbury The Bloodline Paris 1863

Gideon didn't drink from the claret glass offered to him , he sat forward in his chair .

" What did you need to ensure GIscard , go on I'm intrigued "

Giscard this time held his hands together as he spoke

" Number one Gideon was that the bloodline continued , then the seven stars didn't get lost and thirdly that we had the necessary fear factor available .......and that Gideon was where you came in ........It was an absolute master stroke Gideon to create the plague virus and antidote . Without that we would have been beaten .....That was the one thing we couldn't do .........Then the blood line , that represented Gods shepherd on earth , this was vital . But there could only be one . We couldn't possibly have lots of Gisors everywhere or for that matter their offspring ...They don't talk about sons of God do they , only son of. "

Gideon spluttered into his handkerchief

" But Giscard , my wife and son what of them "

Gisors sipped from the Claret class

" Well Gideon " he paused "  your wife and your boy . My daughter and Grandson ......you sure you don't want a sip of that claret , you may find this a little hard ........My daughter my only child , your wife was obviously the next descendant of Jean de Gisor .......well your marriage to her obviously allowed us to monitor your work very closely "

Gideons face contorted with anger

" You mean the marriage was arranged , fixed " Gideon spluttered over his words

" Oh yes of course it was Gideon .......you didn't think it was love did you "

Gideon sank " Yes I did , it was for me "

" I'm afraid Gideon " Giscard rolled his gold ring around his finger as he spoke " There is more to report "

Gideon picked up the claret glass and sipped a little

" You see Gideon , we had to ensure you had a child ....which obviously you did "

Gideon took the handkerchief from his pocket and held it to his mouth , then after wiping away a little red wine he quietly said

" Yes my son , my boy Jean "

" Yes yes your boy yes " Giscard said irritated " But girls being girls , our plan of moving back to America with the child was working perfectly until your wife started an affair with Senator Hollet "

Gideon stood " NO ...Hollet , no I don't believe you "

" Yes , oh please sit down Gideon the place is hardly the room to jump around now is it ......Yes , and to make matters worse she had a child by him "

" So its true it's true " Gideon exclaimed

" Mr Tutbury if you let me carry on.....At the same time I found my own wife was having an affair . Obviously the bloodline had to stay intact ......and had to stay at one child .....We couldn't stand the chance of my wife getting pregnant or in fact your wife having any more children so "

Gideon butted in

" So you killed them , Is that what you are saying "

" Yes Gideon , I'm afraid so ...rules of the game I guess "

Gideon raised himself to his feet , his face flushed with anger ....he placed both hands on the desk

" You killed my wife because of some stars , some bloodline ....because you think you are gods son or something "

" Well yes Gideon , something like that " Giscard calmly responded

" Oh and Mr Tutbury striking me now is not going to aid your cause , it may however end for me what has been a most troubled life "

Gideon returned to his seat

" What of the boy Giscard , what of the boy"

" Oh the boy , he's very well ..a man now "

Gideon could barely get the words out " What"

" Yes you see Gideon , the society brought him up using maids , nanny's that kind of thing ....and of course I popped in from time to time "

" You popped in " Gideons heart was now racing

" Not the best of descriptions I realise , but I was never going to be a great father figure ""

Gideon clenched his fist

" You weren't his father , I am was am ........I searched for him all over America ......I searched , I searched ...." Gideons voice faltered

" Yes you did Gideon, admirably so . We saw your posters .......But you were looking for Jean Tutbury ....Jean was brought up as Jean Levon Rouille de Gisors " Giscard smiled at the sound of the name again emphasising " Rouille de GIsors ........and of course the last place you would think to look was with me wasn't it "

Gideon leaned forward " You cruel evil bastard , you cruel evil bastard "

Giscard raised both hands shrugging " Yes I suppose I am really ........please though allow me to continue . One slight problem was that we had everything except we miss placed the main star......and the star can only be replaced by a Gisor "

" Miss placed where " Gideon couldn't quite grasp what was being said to him

" All we know is that the star is in England , we actually hoped that your organisation might find it for us , there is a rumour that your father was aware of the stars and the story behind them "

Gideon stroked his chin "And my son Giscard "

" Your son Gideon is very well , you bring me the star and you will meet your son ......In fact Mr Tutbury you walked past him today "

" When , where .." Gideon got to his feet

" Oh Gideon you ignored him ....he asked to help you earlier in the corridors , a very handsome man you may recall , just before you came to see me "

Gideon hurried out of the room , the door swinging behind him . Giscard smiled ruefully sipping the claret

" Jean Jean Jean " Gideon hurried into the corridor shouting

Two ladies turned away and hurried arm in arm

Gideons assistant rushed to him

" Sir Sir , what is it "

Gideon turned to him , grabbing his arm

" The boy , the man you spoke to earlier as we walked in ...just over there " he pointed at the corner where Jean had approached them

His assistant looked in the direction

" I don't know sir , I didn't see him go "

Gideon shook him

" THINK think ....where did he go .....find him "

Then clutching his chest he slumped backwards , turning to reach for the hall chair behind him , sweat poring from his brow .

" Sir sir what is it " his assistant rushed to him , holding Gideons arms

The assistant shouted to two elderly men walking by

" Fetch help fetch help "

The taller of the two gentlemen rolled his gold ring around his finger

" Goodbye Mr Tutbury "

Gideon tried to reply but his breathing was laboured and short . His face ghostly white . A look of terror in his eyes . The two elderly men disappeared into one of the Louvres corridors and where gone .

At this moment two young men  carrying boxes appeared

" You two fetch help " The assistant pleaded

They put down their boxes

" Oui monsieur Oui "

Both ran in the direction of the main foyer .

" Breathe sir breathe ....help is on its way "

Gideon grabbed his assistants arm

" My son , my son ......he was here "

Gideons voice barely audible . Tears running down his face ." My son was here "