2• Secrets

"Pretty reds and pretty greens." His gentle voice uttered. Grey eyes closed as he embraced the little girl tightly, swallowing her sorrow so that she wouldn't have to bear all of it.

"Never forget, hakkee." His tongue flicked against the word, a thick accent curling around the syllables. "One day you will remember me, and together, we shall strip our enemies bare of all that they had stripped of us. We shall wreck a havoc unlike any they had ever seen before, and we will carve our names so deeply into the fear of their hearts that in a million years they will still remember us."

The little girls hands clutched tightly onto the boys neck, her face buried into his chest.

"Pretty reds and pretty greens." She muttered.

_

Aura woke up to the moistness of Skye's snout rubbing against her face.

It wasn't the most pleasant way to wake up, according to how her features contorted in disgust.  Using her hand to nudge her leopard away, Aura backed up to whine, "Leave me alone Skye. Go play with Micca." And turned over to curl into herself once more. She was completely oblivious.

The silence was so thick, it was the only thing to be heard.

It took Aura a moment to realize what she had said wrong, as the memories of yesterday all came back to her as if they'd been pummeled into her mind. And when she opened her eyes to turn and gaze at Skye's reaction, she found her snow leopard retreating in woe.

Skye had long mastered the art of barricading her emotions from Aura, something angels couldn't even do, so she had not even a clue as to what she was thinking. But... Then again, she realised maybe she didn't need that skill to know.

Not when it was all staring at her in the eye.

They stayed a long moment like that, with Skye staring at her feet and Aura regarding her with a shadowed heart. There were certain things Aura was blocking herself from feeling, but it was clear that that was a skill that Skye hadn't yet mastered.

So the little girl opened her arms, and that was all her leopard needed when she glanced back. Soon enough, Aura was clutching Skye like a girl would a teddy bear. "He will come back, when the moon bleeds blue. So will Micca and Daena, father wouldn't return without them. Don't worry Skye."

Not once did she realize that there was a man in the corner of the room that she'd awoken in. She hadn't even realized she was in a room yet.

The man had decided against announcing his presence so soon. It felt, to him, rude to interrupt a moment such as this one. So for a while longer, he stayed hidden in the confinement of the shadows.

Only when it seemed that the girl had finished comforting her feline did he decide to make himself known.

Steeling himself for the expected shriek, he spoke with as much genteless as a man of his calibre could muster.

"Hello."

Like a frightened deer, she jumped, snapping her head towards the source with Skye tight in her arms.

No scream, he thought, interesting...

Skye didn't react. Which meant that this man meant no danger, and she had already familiarized herself with him. Perhaps it was why she'd woken her up. To make her aware of the host.

"Who are you?" Aura frowned, squinting her eyes. Rays of light shone brightly in the room, but he was tucked away into the darkness of the shadows. She couldn't clearly make out his features.