33• An Angels Promise

TW: violent injury scene

Something like hot adrenaline pumped through Aura's arms and made her wrists tremble as she watched the bastard collapse into foliage. It felt like hot sparks at her finger tips, leaving her in a state of impending chaos.

He dropped to his knees, and collapsed.

Like a human.

Like something that hadn't been cursed.

As solid as the body she lived and breathed in.

As though after all he did there was nothing to show for his crimes. This crumbled corpse that lay distorted on the ground with his wings in a twisted mess and his cock sectioned into useless strips.

Someone who's heart was so black you couldn't find a soul in his eyes, wasn't melting like his kin.

Something inside her core snapped.

"I should've torn his eyes out!" She screeched, descending onto the dead body like a wraith. She pawed at his face and dug into his eye sockets with her bare hands. Her fingernails squelched against the insides as she tore the artery's apart like a rabid animal and yanked the slippery things out.

Her fingers circled the horns on his head and pulled. "I should've ripped these out and scalped him to his skull—— WHY WONT THIS—- AEURRRRG"

No matter how hard she pulled they just wouldn't move.

"MMMMMM—AAAARRRRGH" she roared her voice raw, hot tears streaming down her face. Still they wouldn't move, so she tried to break them instead. When that wouldn't work she yanked at the skin around it and cursed his feet long hair. When balding him wasn't sating her anger she scrambled back to his unfinished face, cursing the day he ruined her life.

Cursing the day he invaded and destroyed not one, but two of her homes.

Forcing her to separate from her father, to separate from Markus it was history repeating itself all over again because of him and he just fell over as though he were a spawn of Adam.

She clawed at the flesh on his face and used brute strength to get to the deeper layers of skin and listen to it rip. Black blood and flesh caked her blunt fingernails as she mauled until there was nothing left.

Amidst her rampage a gentle hand settled on her shoulder, and her heart reacted wildly to it. She shook it off and snapped like a dog, not yet willing to cave into anything but anger.

She turned to the wings next, but the hand came back firmly this time, accompanied with another.

Aura thrashed against the arms that circled her body and lifted her away. She grunted and kicked at air and sent wind pummelling in every direction, but her captor was immune and the foliage was made victim.

"Hakeesee." Lips whispered against her ear, setting her skin alight with goosebumps.

"No." She sobbed, her voice hiccuping into a moan. The effect his voice had on her body was sedating, and she didn't want that. She needed the sparks, the anger to feel like she could bring justice. But instead her limbs grew heavy and her resolve weakened until she could do nothing but lean against the solid wall of muscle. "... No." She whimpered.

Amos hushed her and brought the two of them away from all of the blood, to a quiet area, clear of the fallen trees where she wouldn't be able to see the bodies.

He settled them both on the ground and cradled her against his chest. She flooded his bloodied shirt with hot tears and pummelled his chest with weak punches but he didn't mind, he just kept stroking her back. "No..." She shook.