24• You Don't Remember?

TW: Mature sexual themes

"Wait." Amos rumbled. His throat bobbing.

Aura paused before her foot could take its first elevated step onto the staircase, the glow from the door way illuminated her face with soft tendrils of golden light.
  In a change of direction, she felt her body pulled into the shadows, a corner tucked neatly behind storage. The angel turned to face Amos, startled and lips parting to form speech until he lifted a finger in signal of silence.

     He didn't want her to speak yet. He needed to collect his thoughts.

  In the shadows, his enormous silhouette truly encased her in darkness, mighty wings circling her protectively, at that moment he didn't trust even the walls to be in contact with her.

   Too close... he breathed with sparking anger. Amos had quickly dismissed the lurking enemy that he knew had crossed the wall... too focused on a petty threat to see the signs of the real danger waiting to pounce when his back was turned.

The hand he had suspended in the air in signal of silence closed the distance to her face. Her olive skin was decorated in sharps cuts and friction burns, her chin dotted with dry blood that had trickled from her rosy lips.

She would heal, but the thought didn't soothe his racing heart.

Fully aware of the chaos likely ensuing above them he prioritised focusing on her, searching for telltale signs of internal damage before exposing her to whatever horror lied above. He was so in tune with the moment that he picked up every reaction his palm against her jaw solicited from her... her suspended intake of breath, the way her eyes fluttered, those beautiful blue eyes that not even the purest sky could compete with.

— But no wincing that arose suspicion of damaged bones. The closer she got to her ascension the faster her healing became, so if she had sustained any internal damage it likely was well on its way to healing itself.

His gaze zeroed in on the jagged cuts on her arms, likely formed during her chaotic descent into this basement. He was already pissed it had gotten passed him and even broken her skin in the first place, but when Amos' mind wondered to the reasons why the damned creature would bring her here instead of beyond the compound, his limbs began to quiver with concealed fury. "Are you alright?" The warrior's voice was laced with uncharacteristic gentleness.

She nodded against his palm, leaning into his touch. The tips of his fingers slipped into her hairline, where her wavy strands formed tighter curls that framed her face.  The unruliness of her silken tresses due to the tumble she had taken before only added to the untamed glint in her eyes she was slowly developing over the years.

"I think so." She responded.

He wanted to take her away from all of it.

The despondency in her voice triggered an inane urge to pick her up and fly her to a remote corner where they couldn't be reached.

"I'm not ready." Her gaze confronted his with a sense of helplessness that ate away at him. The lightening in her eyes dimmed. "It almost had me—"

"But it didn't." He bit, refusing to hear the end of that sentence, to even consider the possibility. His arms encircled her to crush her into his chest. "Even if I hadn't been here, you would have found a way out of this on your own. You are strong. I just have thousands of years experience over you."

He twitched at the feel of her lips moving against him, despite his shirt blocking naked contact. "How old are you exactly?" She mumbled.

"Adam and Eve old."