7• Don't Hesitate

[Sorry, I thought I'd posted this  ages ago

She remember gazing into forest green eyes, a kaleidoscope of emerald shades once so full of life and joy and a fierceness one could only be born into. That held a fierce love for her, one that she would never understand.

And she remember watching it fade, the betrayal that birthed with the dead of the light in his eyes. The light that flickered to darkness, and left a gaping hole within her chest.

Aura gasped, her eyes blinking hard at the cieling.

Her hands felt frantically on her bed, for some sort of reassurance, anything to distract her, to make her believe she had truly escaped the haunting of her dreams. Only when her fingers latched around a lock of silken fur did she try and force herself into relaxing.

Aura nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt a weight against her shoulder, until she realized the familiarity of Amos hands.

She could feel his steel gaze, waiting for her to say something. To announce that she was fine.

Instead, she chose a particular choice of words.

"Pretty reds and pretty greens."

__

So it went on that way for a few years. Every day, without delay, Aura would train with Markus. Whether that be swimming, combat training, running, completing the obstacle course in record time or just adding muscle to her body.

And when she went back into her room, he would send her books about all the beasts in the worlds, to which she read thoroughly. Strength is nothing without knowledge, so he decided that she needed to know every weakness in every beast and her best chances of escape if she ever gets caught.

With her beauty, her intelligence and her strength, she was going to grow into a miraculous poison against her enemies.

She only needed to know how to use it.

And Markus would use every opportunity to remind her that weakness was not an option.

He needed her to be able to eliminate weakness. To slit the throat of someone she might hold dear, if it meant saving lives. Her heart couldn't get in the way of that.

By ten years old Aura could fight with her hands tied behind her back, by eleven she was faster than a mermaid underwater, and by twelve, it only took her a few seconds to complete an obstacle course she could barely get halfway through once upon a time.

There was no doubt about it, Markus found the results startling, but progress was the aim. And with it coming this fast, things would be much easier for what she might face in the future. Besides, he had to remember who she was. Who was her father. What she was.

He couldn't even begin to understand how Angels had lost their homes to vampires.

Vampires! Regardless of how many demons aided their conquest...

If Aura were locked in a room with ten, he had no doubt that if he were to open the door, she would be bathing in their blood.

The warriors of Heaven were stronger than Aura was at her current state, they should have been able to be done with the arrogant fools at first blink.

Especially Michael.

Michael had faced armies of far worse creatures by himself and came out alive.

Markus should have realized that none of it made sense the moment he'd gotten word years ago.

Vampires were extremely strong. But not enough, by far, to eliminate Angels. Not even if they had Lucifer himself leading the army.