38• Surge

In that moment Aura thought a lot about how she should have felt. She should have felt shy... shameful even. Her naked body splayed out in display, just... floating before him.

A part of her wondered if it were standard procedure to maybe even try to cover up a part of herself... but perhaps it was years of confidence bludgeoned into her or the fact that there was always something felt yet only lately discovered for the person standing beside her that made him feel like an extension of herself.

Instead of feeling embarrassed, or coy, something like a kick in her gut urged her to focus on the connection between them, seemingly amplified by this glittering pool of water. It didn't care for petty things such as shame.

Every inhale felt like an intake of crisp air, layered with something honey scented and feather like.  And the naked body standing beside her— an orbit of energy that felt familiar to her own. The best way to describe it were as though they were two connecting suns, burning bright in each other's orbit.

It was almost like she were looking at it with a third eye. 

Amos reached over and smoothed his fingers into her scalp, reeking of steady confidence. Her entire body tingled with awareness, a keen hyper focus on the point of connection. Little sparks trickled through her scalp and skimmed across her body to her toes.

He traced the sides of her face with careful thumbs, circled up her cheekbones to her closed eyelids. Aura's vision exploded with gold.

"Woah," She breathed.

She felt his silent chuckle through the subtle jerk of his body.

"It's nice isn't it?" He said, with a partial smile.

"I feel like I'm looking at the sun without the risk of going blind."

"It gets better." He pointed.

Those same thumbs made the journey to her lips and she tasted... something thick and sweet. A subtle sweet like pear juice, but calming to the soul. It had the same effect as watching a cloud from a high vantage point.

A part of her thought that would be it, because what could top this? And then his palm dipped.

It was her neck that fell prey to those travelling hands next. Then her décolletage...

"Breathe." Oh he was smug.

"I am." Aura gulped.

He pressed his fingers into the middle of her chest, where it shook with an unsteady pattern. "You're hyperventilating."

Aura bit her tongue and ignored her burning cheeks.

"I didn't know I had that kind of affect on you."

Aura scoffed. Her lips quivered with the effort to fight the smile, muscle ticking in her jaw as she withheld from saying something smart.

Not that she could even think of anything... her brain was liquid.

"Well?" He pressed teasingly.

Still, she said nothing.

When they reach the peaks of her hardened nipples her heart was as wild as a stampede of wildebeest in her chest and she knew there was no hiding it from him. But he didn't tease or take advantage, he merely covered her left breast, and held it there until she felt it.

Aura didn't even have time to gasp.

Her heart smacked with a single Thump, and something like liquid chaos seeped into her pores.

"Breathe." He affirmed, any light heartedness from before was gone. His features quickly hardening.

But she couldn't.