28• Vengeance

B-dum.

He fell.

That giant invincible body made of fire and steel slumped against the rubble.

B-dum.

A winged figure obscured in shadow, equally as large, approached.

B-dum.

It had horns on its head the size of her forearms. Leathery wings blackened as though they had been burnt.

In this moment, nothing else mattered. Not the battle that sprung back to life around her, not anyone who wished her dead. In her mind, she heard nothing but silence. It was just her, Amos and this creature.

A creature who wanted to make himself known, because he stepped into the light.

Obsidian black collided onto the patio, crackling the marble. The beast stretched to its full height and opened its leathery wings. Its skin, bronzed by the sun, was a sharp contrast to ivory, pupil-less orbs, devoid of life and happiness.

Mammon only managed to lock eyes with her before Michael scooped Skye into his free arm and took off like a bullet to the skies.

Acidic fury choked her throat, blood boiled like molten lava.

She was a little girl when her world came apart around her, but of all the things she saw that day, she would never forget those soulless eyes.

Something within her snapped.

She was no longer a person.

Merely a body of sheer rage that had locked onto a target.

A craze like no other possessed her, jerked her into action before she understood what she was doing, the only intent on her mind— to kill.

A body collided into her, arms held her down.

She hadn't realised she had shot towards him until she was pinned to the ground. A voice spoke to her but she didn't care.

She was an animal that thrashed wildly against those arms like a savage, hearing words but not understanding. How could she understand when that white eyed thing sneered below at her as though she were filth. Handling her mate— HER MATE!— Like lunch time garbage.

Her father— her father.

It grabbed Amos by the scruff of his shirt and she screamed as though he had grabbed her. She felt the cut of the fabric at her own neck. She pushed through her captive and swung her arms, pummelling weak shots of wind in his direction that barely served to make any damage.

She needed to get closer.

"———- AURA STOP."

Those arms latched onto her again, shaking her struggling body.

She didn't care, she wouldn't stop.

"USRADIA VAI." She screamed against her captor, she screamed her voice hoarse. Her native language was a sharp rasp on her tongue.

It understood.

"Aura—"

"USRADIA VAI COR GALOM."

Thin lips stretched into a lazy grin, dropping Amos, and the disrespect it showed stepping over him sparked a different kind of ire.

The demon opened its leathery wings, preparing to shoot towards her when something stirred behind Aura.

It paused.

"COME HERE YOU COWARD." She raged in the common tongue.

It snapped its gaze onto her at the blatant insult, eyes flashing, but it didn't make a move.