34• Monsters

Aura lifted a gentle hand, moving to brush his curls away from his face in a tender caress. She felt her fingers skim through his hairline, and realised with a flush that her hands were caked in demon blood and gunk from Mammon's slaughter.

She brought her hand before her angels face and watched his eyes twinkle with humour. "You really need a bath." He choked when her other hand flew towards his Adam's apple.

"Insult me again." She growled, "I dare you."

His pink lips stretched and nostrils flared in an attempt to keep laughter that bubbled in his chest.

"To you, I smell like roses. Always." She pressed, taking care to climb off of him. Her hand curled around the nearest tree branch as her feet settled in moss.

"Honey actually." He corrected.

She almost gave herself whiplash, with the speed of which she turned her head. "What?"

"Honey... and milk. Sometimes caramel's there too, but you..." He drew out the word as he stood to reach out for her again. His arms snapped around her as he went, "... smell edible to me. Even under all this rotting blood."

He scraped his teeth against her neck teasingly.

Aura squealed at him to put her down.

"Never. I'll die if you're not this close to me at all times."

"Have you forgotten you need to feed." She laughed as her feet dangled in the air.

He was so tall her legs swung.

"I'll feed on you."

A dangerous heat pooled in her stomach. "You can do that?"

Amos stilled. She felt his fingers twitch. "I can..."

Aura imagined herself sprawled on her back, fingers tangled into his hair as Amos' dipped to her inner thigh. Staring into her with brazen wicked confidence, as though he knew exactly what type of reaction he was illiciting from her. Her cheeks went molten.

"But?"

"... I won't." His voice was suddenly somber as he set her on her feet.

"You're right." He muttered begrudgingly, "I do need to feed."

"You don't sound very happy about that." She laughed, trying to wipe some of the gunk off of her clothes.

Her pants had survived the ordeal. Not a single rip in sight, just dirty and in need of a wash. Her shirt had slashing holes at her mid section, and a wide cut under her armpits.

She needed a new one.

Aura glanced at Amos, noting his own pants, which hung off his hips in a way that shouldn't be suggestive, but it was to her. His v neck tunic shirt, tucked partly into his pants, and which showed a hint of the iron muscle of his chest hidden beneath, was damp with moss and blood, clinging to his skin.

No sword or dagger in sight.

They started their walk back to the bodies she left behind, in a comfortable silence.

When they finally arrived, Aura cringed.

The long haired, white eyed demon was unrecognisable. She'd left his face with empty eye sockets and a balding scalp. That's not including the rest of the mutilation she inflicted in her rage.

For a moment she nearly felt disgusted with herself, and had to remember why she did it in the first place.

Her people hadn't been shown mercy. She forced herself to remember that.