35• Green-Eyed

The first thing Amos did was throw Aura out of clear danger with such force that her back slammed into the trunk of a tree.

Had she been a weaker being she would have felt the pain.

The next was rise to his full, imposing height to welcome the attacker, claws bared and wings bristling in a way that was eerily similar to that of a dragon.

The Wolven tore off from the ground in a hefty leap, stretching its jaws to a terrifying size as though to take out a chunk of her soul mate, and a scream came to life in her throat when she thought he'd succeed, only to die when Amos snapped two hands around his snout and closed its mouth. His body cracked with the speed of lighting as he propelled the wolf by his snout into the darkness like the beast was weightless.

New dread pooled in her stomach as understanding of the situation began to dawn on her. It was fear that her mate had killed Hayden by force of the throw alone, that got her scrambling to her feet and ripping through moss to find the wolf.

"YOU DEFEND IT?" She heard him roar, gutturally after her.

"You'll kill him!" She cried back, her eyes desperately searching for a heap of white.

It didn't take her too long to find him, a white fluffy lump on the floor, that struggled to its feet on wobbly legs. Its brown eyes softened at the sight of her, body morphing back into the familiar shape of a naked man with a buzzcut.

"Are you okay?" She gasped, crouching, her palms searching his face and shoulders.

If he died after coming all this way to help her? She didn't know what she'd do.

"I— " His soft brown gaze hardened at the sight of something behind her. Hayden clasped a heavy hand on her shoulder to shove her behind him and stood. "— Stay behind me."

In that moment, Amos' mind could only process three things. One being that his mate was standing behind a naked man. The second being that said man touched her. And last of all.... she didn't recoil in absolute disgust.

His arms twitched.

He assessed the boy.

An ancient version of himself had taken the reigns of his mind, but a distant part of him recognised that face spitting with fury. The faint memory of how he had previously tried to take what was his. How he coveted something that didn't belong to him.

And she let him... touch her shoulder?

Moments after we kissed... held each other.

Protect her... from me?

"Aura... come here." He spoke quietly in effort of self control, but with the way his body shook, as though he were seconds away from transformation- it was in vain.

He didn't miss the tell tale signs of hesitation. The stall in her step.

His nose flared.

The wolf will die.

"—WAIT!" Amos paused. Aura had exploded as though sensing his direction of thought. "Amos it's not what you—"

"He's a demon Aura." Hayden spat, teeth glistening with blood. "What the hell are you doing??!"

A sinister smile stretched across the fallen's lips. "Oh you want demon? Okay."