9• Serenity

By the time her bosom had started to grow, Aura was the deadliest weapon in Markus' arsenal... something she was well aware of if him utilising her abilities at every opportunity meant anything. She trained hard almost every passing day, her advantage as an angel meant she didn't bleed once a month, so it didn't slow her down.

Markus had overseen Aura and a personally selected group of individuals on a mission to purge enough of the forest over the years so that the protection barrier could be extended and shifters could roam safely among the trees. It was so quickly executed with her help that the wolves on board regarded her with an awe that they hadn't before.

No one was ever hurt, and the same number that had left would be the same amount to return every time.

It was nice to know that in a world where so many hated her for reasons unbeknownst, she had at least earned the trust of the most highly regarded pack at base.

It wasn't easy getting people to like her when she doesn't open up. Through lack of integration Aura became a mystery to most, the "Alphas spoiled brat" if you went by Amber's choice of words. She didn't share fragments of her personality with anyone. Nobody really knew her.

Not what she was, or what she was like.

She kept to her corner and minded her business, paying no mind to the fools brave enough to taunt her in attempt to figure her out. It didn't surprise her through the years as the felines, known for their pride and arrogance, tried her temper. Tried and failed to draw her out every now and again.

She didn't care, and because she didn't care they couldn't get to her. Try as they might they couldn't infiltrate through her thickest walls, walls that protected her own mind from her own memories.

The night she'd lost everything felt like a distant nightmare.

As if it wasn't really real. At times she could close her eyes and almost scent the warm familiar chestnut smell of her father as if he had just been standing beside her.

Could almost breathe him in, feel his presence towering over her.

No matter how much stronger her body could get, she would feel reduced to an infant again in moments like that. Small and weak compared to Michael. The same little girl who was bound to a promise that forced her to run away when it counted.

She let go of part of the breath she'd been holding for hours, loosened the vice grip she'd held around her legs, keeping them tucked against her chest.

She'd left base with a brief mention to Markus where she was going, deep below the sea by the cliff.

It was dark and quiet underwater. Peaceful.

It cleared her thoughts when she felt as though her mind was hurried. Away from the violence, the snakes and the felines.

Away from Markus and Skye. Just her and Amos who never left her alone.

She could feel his presence watching her curiously, though he didn't interfere. He gave her these moments of peace to rest her mind, even if it was so deep underwater any one else would be at the mercy of the sea creatures.

They never bothered her though, not the animals.

A shark would appear sometimes, but never to cause harm, merely to offer a greeting of sorts before disappearing into tenebrous water.

Today however, as her pupils dilated to adjust to the darkness beneath the sea, there was something different heading her way.

Aura braced herself and daren't move a single muscle. She was a statue of stillness save for strands of her hair dancing around her face in the shape of a halo.