The Vampire Prince And Me. Chapter One.

Dorinda:

"The myth goes back to two billion years ago when a two large massive snakes slid all over Shadow Coven and ruled. It said to believe the two snakes mated and had hundreds of small eggs and when the eggs hacked, we vampires were born...", I trailed off, a little weirded out by that legend. "Well, that's normal.", I sighed as I closed the book of Vampire History.

I was outside behind Lucas's palace by the beautiful bluish-purple river laying down on a blanket as I did my studying. It sounds crazy, but I learning about what I'm going to become and the history. It's like school...except I'm taking the easy way around and learning the basic stuff.

Since I was laying down on my stomach, I crossed my arms and laid my head down, looking at the river. My life has changed in the past month and half. What I mean is, I'm going to become a freaking princess in two months. You don't think that's crazy?

Well, I do.

Not to mention it's vampires I'll be Queen to three months after.

I extended my fingers were my engagement ring was. It was such a pretty gold ring with a medium diamond in the middle with two small on on each side of the big diamond. I sighed and a smile slipped on my face, thinking about my fiancé. Lucas.

I never thought in my life I would say that. We had such a battle for us to be together and finally, we're here. We're getting married in two months and becoming King and Queen together in three months after. We're just lucky we got the wedding a little longer to get to know each other better and get to know each other family cause King Luka--I mean, Luka, wanted us to get married a week after we got engaged, but luckily we got him to bump it up.

"Admiring that ring again?", I heard Lucas voice next to me, making me jerk and snap my head up to look at him. He was chuckling as he sat down next to me and held out a bowl for me, "Here, Jasmine told me to give this to you.",

I took it and saw it was chocolate covered apples, "I swear, that girl is trying to get me fat.", I chuckled as I took one.

"Well it looks like you don't mind since you keep eating them.", he said, "It's strange. I heard of chocolate covered strawberries, not apple.",

"Jasmine say apples are much healthier, that's why it's granny smith apples instead of strawberries.", I said as I took another one. I took a looked at his outfit and almost spit out the apple bites from laughter. I covered my mouth while saying, "What are you wearing?", I giggled.

He was wearing skinny jeans and a black beater with a black and white flannel shirt. The only reasoning I laughed is because his usual style is a t-shirt or button shirt, not flannel and tank top. And skinny jeans? What the heck?

Lucas rolled his eyes, "Guess.",

"Kayla?", I asked as I continued giggling. My vampire best friend, who still lived in the palace was my maid of honor who liked to dress Lucas up like he's a doll. It was pretty funny actually. "I thought I told her to stop that.",

"You know she doesn't listen. But I guess that's why you two are such good friends," he said as he laid down on his side next to me as he propped on one arm, "you both don't do what your told. I have asked you not to admire that ring more than you admire me.",

"I do to admire you!", I said, chuckling, "But this ring is way much more prettier.", I teased.

"Oh, so I'm ugly now?", he frowned, but I know it's fake. I know Lucas well enough now to know when he played along and doesn't cause in his eyes, they showed amusement. "And I thought I was the most handsomest most dashing guy in all of Seven Realms.",