The Vampire Prince And Me. Chapter Thirty-Three.

I was lost in so much thought as Xavienna brushed my hair, preparing to make it into a braid. I had a smile on my face, one I didn't even realize I had until now. I was just so happy though, I couldn't believe I have Lucas back.

Well, half back. But I still have him.

It's been a week already since I got him to fall back in love with me and he spent lots of time with either me, the twins, or the both of us. He can't be around Xavienna that much, saying it's still hard to get use to it. Xavienna and I both understood, so when I'm with him, she'll be somewhere else.

"Is that a smile I see?", Xavienna said, waking me from my thought. "Why so happy, Dorinda?",

"What isn't there to be happy about?", I asked, looking at her through the mirror to her.

She smiled, "True. You should be happy. I wish I could be here with you forever to enjoy it with you.", she said, her smile slowly turning into a frown, me joining her. In two days, she has to return back to the prison. I can't let that happen, though. She shouldn't be in prison while she's pregnant. She shouldn't be in prison no matter what! She did nothing wrong. She forced a half smile on her face, "Hey, my friend, cheer up. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I have dealt with much harder things in my life then be in a building with two hundred other women.", she said, braiding my hair now.

"You didn't commit any crimes though.", I said.

"I didn't let anyone know Princess Sarafina was missing. That is a crime, she's royal. Even if Princess Sarafina tries to convince King Alderic, I still committed one. I'll be fine, though. It's my husband I'm worried about. He could die.", she said and I saw her holding her tears back. I turned on the bench I was on and got up, hugging her.

"It's going to be alright, Xavi.", I told her, rubbing her back. "Don't think about that chance happening. He helped rescued me, that should help him.",

"But what if it doesn't?", she asked and I felt her tears go onto my shoulders. "I don't want to lose him, Dorinda. I love him to much and it'll only shatter me.",

"I know, I know.", I said softly to her, though I'm not sure if I was saying would make her feel any better. "We're going to find his fate in two days. You need to stop stressing though, for you baby.", I said, moving back and put my hands on her stomach.

"Right.", she said, nodding. She wiped under her eyes and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, I know, stupid to be crying.",

I shook my head and gave her a warm smile, "No, it's not. I know what it's like to be emotional and worried about your husband.",

"I don't want to be alone, Dorinda. After I get out, what then? Goddess knows how long Wilhelm will be in prison and I'll be home, stuck with a child. I'm scared.", she said.

"You'll have friends and family to be here for you.", I told her. "I'll be here for you.",

She smiled and hugged me, "I don't deserve to be friends with someone like you.",

I chuckled, "Of course you do. Your amazing, Xavi.",

"I wouldn't say amazing.", she said, giggling.

*

I had Naomi in one of my arms and I was twirling her mess of hair that was on top of her head around in one finger. She was sleeping and she looked so adorable, I couldn't think of putting her down. I rocked back and forth slowly in the rocking chair, "Mommy loves you.", I whispered down at her.

I don't know if it was mother in me or something, but all I knew is I wanted nothing bad to happen to her. I just wanted to protect her, her whole life and make sure she's happy for the rest of her life. She's so precious.