The Vampire Prince And Me. Chapter Eight.

"Are they actually better then guns?", I asked Xavienna while walking back to my room together. She was holding the three angels she killed bows and arrows in one hand. She was only walking with me since her room she was staying in was near mine.

She nodded, "Yeah. King Alderic thought if he made an agreement with the witches if they cast spells on bows and arrows, he'll send them golden apples. In Elixir, golden apples are unique and terribly delicious to them. So, if they make spelled arrows that never break and can hit their target by just thinking it, they can have has money as they want this in Gardenia, we don't eat much golden apples anyways..",

"Oh.", I said. I let go of the memory on what happened no longer them five minutes ago. I have to get a quick bath and get dressed. I have two hours before Lucas get homes and I want to wear the best outfit I have so he'll be more distracted so he wont read my mind and hopefully, I wont have to explain myself tonight or tomorrow.

Jeez, it puts a knot in my stomach to tell you the truth. This is pretty big since I went behind Lucas and I shouldn't have.

Xavienna ran the back of her free hand across her forehead, "I need a bath terribly bad. The blood is drying on my face and it's getting annoying.", she said. She sighed and dropped her head a little, "This time when I usually have to kill, Wilhelm would be here with me, trying to relax my muscle as he with me in the bath. I miss him so much.",

I stopped and put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure you two will see each other soon again.",

She put on a small smile, "If he's alive. To tell you the truth, I have this feeling he is. I don't feel the emptiest usual mated angels too. They say it's terribly depression feeling--I don't feel that way. I feel strong still and keep wanting to do things.",

"So...that's good, right?", I asked, arching an eyebrow.

She nodded her head, "Yes.",

I just smiled back at her and we continued walking. Poor Xavienna. I feel bad for her. I wouldn't understand how she feel--okay, maybe I do since I lost Lucas at first, too. So, I guess I do know how she feels. But it's also different since she doesn't know where he is. For all we know, Samuel could know Xavienna alive and holding Wilhelm hostage as bate to have Xavienna come for another reason and kill Wilhelm when she see him.

"Hey, Xavienna, you already know your going to have to keep this from Lucas, right?", I asked as we drew closer to my room.

She chuckled, "Of course. Lucas hates being disobeyed. He has like this imaginary string attached to his back and if it breaks, he flips out. So, it shouldn't be me your worrying about, but you since he can't read my mind since I am an angel.",

I have no idea why I ended up chuckling with her since I hate how he can't read her mind, but he can with mine, but I think it's because of her way of explain Lucas's anger was a little funny. When we made it to my door and twisted the knob, I said, "Yeah, Lucas can be Mr. Bossy someti--ahh!", I yelled in shock when I saw Lucas and Cain standing next to my bed.

Lucas had his arms crossed over his chest and his face was scrunched up in anger as he scowled at Xavienna and I. Cain was also standing with his arms crossed over his chest, but his head was dropped and shook in disappointment.

I looked at Xavienna, who looked like a deer about to be hit by a car, "Uh--I mean, we, uh--", I said, looking at Lucas and back to Xavienna, not sure what to say. This is not how I excepted things to go! Lucas's isn't even suppose to be home for another two and half hours! What is he doing back here early? I looked back at Lucas, "It's paint...?", I tried my best to lie about the red blood on Xavienna face, arms, and her white dress.