Part Five: Kings Island

I wake up by myself in the hotel room we got. I look over and see Peeta is still sound asleep and the widow by his bed is open. I think that's funny that he had to have the window open. I slide out of bed and go into the bathroom where I get ready for a shower. This hotel is better than our other one and far fancier than any I have ever been in. I get in the shower and quickly get out. I usually like long showers but I'm excited for Peeta to get up. I throw on one of the bath robes and run out of the bathroom to my bag since I forgot my clothes, when I see that Peeta is awake and my robe isn't the longest.
"Holy crap! I'm sorry I didn't know you were awake!" I say grabbing my entire bag instead if just clothes.
"It's okay." He says turning the other way. I run to the bathroom and change and come out to see he changed as well.
"Sorry about that." I say turning pink.
"I didn't see you I swear." He says.
"That's good."
"So, onto another topic. I thought maybe we could not drive for today or tomorrow.I had some things planned and-" but I cut him off.
"Yes! Lets do something!" I say a little to excited. "I'm a little sick of being in a car for so long." I say a little calmer.
"Well, how does an amusement park sound? Kings Island?" He says.
"That sounds great." I say.
"Lets get breakfast and lets go." He says and we do. We walk downstairs of the hotel and we eat a free breakfast. He had coffee and I have tea. He has a muffin and I have a scone. We eat and ten get in The car where we drive only 15 minutes until we arrive in front of Kings Island. We pay for our tickets, well he does, and we go in.
"What do we ride first?" I ask.
"How about the Diamond Back." He suggests. I have heard about that and it is a 230 foot ride.
"No way! That's to high." I say.
"Come on. Are you a chicken?" He says with wink.
"Whatever. But if I die you have to tell my parents." I joke.
"I won't let you die I promise." He says and we run off towards the very short line. We quickly walk up to the front row o the roller coaster so we are the first people.
"You wanted to be the first people didn't you?" I ask.
"Yes! And it will be fun. Come on." He says and pulls we trough the gate. We buckle ourselves in and someone checks to make sure we are buckled in. We start to slowly take off.
"I have climbed many trees in my life, but none this high." I say a little scared. I start breathing heavy and he puts his hand on my arm.
"You will be okay. I'm right here." He says. I calm down a little. But he takes my hand and I'm relaxed. We slowly climb the hill and I tighten my grip on his hand. We go over the first hill and the rush is to much for me. I scream, at first in terror, but then in joy. I let go of his hand and throw mine in the air. I scream the whole ride and I hear Peeta laughing at me. We get off.
"That was so much fun." I say.
"I knew you would like it." He says.
"Which one next?" I ask.
"The drop tower." He says.
"Oh gosh." I say.
"That one is really fun I promise." He says.
"I trust you." I say and we run to the drop tower. We go on basically every ride that day. Everyone better than the last. We ride until the very last one. It looks like a water ride.
"I don't know, do you really want to get all wet?" I ask.
"You don't get wet on this ride." He says.
"Peeta, everyone that had gotten off that ride has been soaked head to toe." I say.
"Yeah but, thy doesn't mean anything." He says.
"Peeta."
"Katniss." He mocks " you are going on it."
"Nope." I say popping the P.
"Yes you are." He says.
"No way." I say. He reaches forward and grabs me, picking me up. I thrash around but I don't scream.
"Peeta! Put me down!" I hiss.
"But you can say that you rode every ride if you go on the Water Logs." He says.
"I don't wanna." I say.
"Pretty please." He says. I sigh.
"Fine, but put me down." I says Nd he does. I keep true to my words and we walk into the ride. We sit down on the front row again and we are the only two on the ride.
"See! No one wants to be on this ride except you." I say.
"Me? You are the one that begged me to ride it." He says slyly.
"What? You carried me here!" I exclaim.
"Prove it." He smirks.
"Ugh!" I groan.
"Hey, you will have fun." He says.
"I better." I say pouting.
"Hey now! No pouting. We can go back on the wind seekers after this if you want." He says.
"Yes!" I say happy to ride my favorite ride. We go up the hill and down. I get completely soaked and Peeta barely gets wet.
"That is so not fair." I say as we rush around to where we started. Then, some water sprays in the air and hits only Peeta. Then he is just as wet as me.
"Okay, now it's fair." I laugh.
"Yeah that's right." He says. We get off the ride and we rush to the wind seekers. This ride is so relaxing. It just spins high in the air and you can see the whole park.
"Here, I know it's a little wet but take my jacket. It may keep you warm up there." He says and it's actually pretty dry. I put it on and breath in the scent.
"Thank you." I say. We get in the ride and we start going up and up and up. I can see all the rides we rode and I can see beyond into the forest. It reminds me of the woods back home that Gale and I used to go into a lot.
"It's so pretty up here. With the park all lit up." I say to Peeta.
"Yeah, this was my favorite part of our vacation a few year." He says.
"I wish I could have come here earlier." I say.
"Maybe we can come back sometime." He says.
"That would be awesome." I say. We finish the ride and we go back out to the car. I give him back his jacket and we get dinner. When we leave the restaurant, which had the best lamb soup on wild rice ever, we go back to the hotel. I lay on the bed but I don't fall asleep right away.
"Hey Peeta?" I say.
"Yes Katniss?"
"Thank you."
"For what?" He asks.
"For everything. The walk last night, Kings Island, and most importantly the drive. It means a lot." He says.
"You're welcome Katniss." He says.
"You are really sweet you know it?"
"Ha. Well, thanks."
"Goodnight Peeta."
"Goodnight." He says and I fall asleep.