Part Thirty Five: He's Mine

***Katniss's POV***
I want to go with Peeta in the ambulance, but the police are questioning us. They already took Snow into the cop car, his hand bleeding heavily, and I see them dragging Seneca out of the building, bloody. He had some cut marks on his face that looks like knives hit him. Clove. Then I see he took an arrow to the knee (😂😂😂 I crack myself up!) Glimmer is a pretty good shot. The police have already questioned me and have said that it was in self defense that I shot Snow. And everyone can testify for me. I won't even have to go to court. (I know that's not how it really works but I really want her and Peeta to reunite!!!)
"Katniss?" I hear Gale say. He walks towards me.
"Yeah?"
"They took Peeta to St. Rita's hospital. We can head there now. The police are through with questioning." He says and I nod. We go to the cars but at the last minute, I jump in with my uncle. Everyone else is in the SUV in front of us. When I sit down, uncle Haymitch does the unexpected. He hugs me.
"We were worried about you sweetheart." He says.
"You all did great. Thank you so much." "Don't thank me. I didn't come up with the plan." He says. I sit back In the car seat and he takes off towards the hospital.
"Who did."
"Peeta."
"Really? Peeta made the plan?"
"And carried it out. He told everyone where to go and what to do. He's the reason you got out of there." He says. Peeta was the leader of all this? He made that plan that got me out of there?
"I treated him so badly." I say.
"Katniss, he came back to the house after you left. He was actually in tears. I have known that boy long enough to know he doesn't let people see him cry, but my gosh was he bawling! He felt horrible about what he said to you and he told us he would do anything for you to forgive him."
"He cried over me?" I ask feeling guilty. Haymiych nods. "I have to fix this."
"Well get in there." I look up as he parks the car. We are at the hospital. I get out of the car then run to the ER room. I go straight up to the nurses station, but she barely takes her eyes away from her computer.
"Name?"
"Peeta Mellark"
"Ah yes, room 236." She says. I rush to the elevator going to the second floor. I see none of the others have had time to get up here yet. I will have a little time alone with Peeta. Good. I will need it. I rush down the hallway, passing door after door after door until I come to one that is slightly open. I push my way in and I see a doctor coming out.
"Hello, hey. Um, could you do me a favor?"
"I guess so." He says.
"Keep everyone out of this room. I need to speak with Peeta alone."
"No problem. 10 minutes long enough?"
"That's perfect. Thank you so much." He walks out of the room and I walk towards the bed, Peeta starring at me. It should probably feel awkward but it doesn't. I walk to his bed and sit in the chair next to it. I reach for his hand and he lets me take it.
"You end up in these a lot." I say.
"In what?"
"Hospitals." I look into his eyes, fresh with tears but none spill. He only blinks them away.
"You hate me." He says.
"No I don't." I say.
"Yes you do. I messed up. I shouldn't have yelled like I did because I didn't mean anything. I wasn't really mad at you I was irritated with Gale. And I snapped at you when I shouldn't have. I have done nothing today but think about how much I want you back because I know you hate me and-" I interrupt his rant.
"Stop saying I hate you Peeta. I really don't. This morning when I was talking to Gale I was about to tell him my decision and when I got my phone back I was going to tell you." I see a lot of emotions cross his face. Curiosity and worry the two that seem the heaviest. I know why.
"So, who do you choose?" He asks.
"Well, the person I choose is the next person I kiss." I say fast.
"Wait, wh-" he doesn't finish because I put my lips to his, letting myself enjoy the short time I will have alone with him. He puts his good arm around my shoulders, and I rest my hand at his cheek.
"You choose me." He says. It's not a question he is just saying it. I like Hearing it.
"Yea, I choose you." I kiss him once more. "And I couldn't imagine it any other way." I rest my forehead against his, holding his hand, when we hear the door open. I sit in the chair, pulling my head away, and I wait for everyone to pile in the room so we can tell them. Tell them and mean it that Peeta and I are together now. I smile at the thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There! The chapter you have all been waiting for and it's pretty crappy! Sorry but they are together.

So now people can stop telling me how to write my own damn story! (I know who was kidding and who wasn't)

So next chapter I will post hopefully tomorrow but I'm not sure!

Love you all! 😘