Part Thirty Six: Telling Gale

I sit by his bed, holding his hand even though all of our friends have pile in the small room. I kiss the back of his hand as people start crowding around us.

"Peeta you okay?" Finnick asks. Finnick is like my brother, so he is very close to me. And it's obvious him and Peeta have a friendship that was so unexpected but I can't describe it well enough to anyone.

"Yeah I'm fine. But uh, mind taking the stubborn one to get her eye looked at?" Peeta whispers as if it's supposed to be secret. I shake my head.

"No, I'm not leaving you."

"Katniss come on." Finnick says. He walks over to me.

"I'm not Leaving him." I howl his hand tighter. But Finnick grabs me, lifting me out of the chair and walking towards the door.

"Peeta! Tell him to put me down." I hiss.

"Go get your eye checked first!" He says.

"People get black eyes all the time! It's no big deal!"

"See you soon love." And Finnick is out of the door before I can reply. He walks me to the nurses station where this nurse is much kinder than the other one.

"I have a patient for you. She has a black eye." Finnick says.

"Oh my! How did this happen!" The nurse says looking at my swallow shut black eye.

"If I said that Finnick hit me, would he have to leave?" I ask still irritated that he drug me away from Peeta. The nurse only laughs.

"No, because it's a lie." She smiles. Se lightly touches my eye and I flinch. She leaves to go get a nice pack

"Katniss?" Finnick says.

"Yeah?"

"Be good to my friend."

"Peeta? I'm your friend too you know."

"Yeah, but Peeta is my close guy friend. I'm not saying he's a." He makes a very girly voice "BBFNMWTHHBILY" (best friends forever no matter what the heck happens because I love you)

and back to his voice. "But he is a good buddy. I wasn't this close of friends with any of the other guys." Finnick says.

"Don't worry Finnick. I will be good to him. Uh, could you go get Gale though? I need to talk to him." He nods and walks down the hallway to get Gale. The nurse returns, telling me to keep the Iceland to my eye and come back when it's no longer cold. So I start to walk down the hallway where I see Gale coming to see me. I walk up to him and he hugs me. I hug him back. I don't care what we have gone through he is still my best friend and I still love him. I missed him and I was afraid of not seeing him again. I didn't know what Snow was going to do with me. Gale releases me.

"So uh, I can kind of guess it's you and Mellark right?" He puts his hand to his neck and looks away from me.

"Gale that doesn't mean I don't love you. You are my best friend." I say. I hate to see him hurt.

"I know it's just, I always thought about you and me is all." I put my hand under his chin, lifting his head so he has to look at me.

"Gale, please don't be upset. I just think we are better of being friends. I will always be here for you ad you will always be there for me. That's how God designed it."

"Yeah I guess so." He says. I can tell he is really upset still.

"Gale please." He looks me right on the eye. I know what he wants. Before we go back. I lean up and kiss him, slowly and sweetly. Kissing your best friend isn't as awkward as it should be. Not with everything we been through. I pull away.

"Thank you." He says.

"I love you don't forget it. I love both of you, just differently." I assure him and he nods.

"Well, let's get back. An get that Ice pack on your face! It looks horrible." He says.

"Is that an ugly joke?" I pretend to be offended.

"Just that eye. I can believe I will only see one grey eye for the next week." He says shaking his head. I laugh. We walk back to Peeta's room, and everything actually seems pretty normal. For once in our lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book is NOT over! Not yet:) sorry it's short but I'm tired! But I promised you guys an update and I stayed true to my word! :) so I hope you enjoyed!