Part Twenty Nine: Robbed

I walk back as slowly as possible, dreading the moment I will have to face everyone. They all saw how I reacted and I fear they will be angry. At least my mother. Plutarch tried to give me a ride home, but I simply told hi I wanted some alone time. About Galway back to his house, I realized that was a bad idea. I'm walking across the little bridge that separates the poor section from the rich, when two people come running up behind me. One grabs my bag, which has my phone ad laptop, and they take off.
"Hey!" I scream as I chase after them. They are to fast. As they run under a street light, I see who they are. Snow and Crane. Of course, these are only their last names. I remember always having to look out for then when I went to school here. They were always getting in people's lockers and stealing iPods or phones. They are down right rotten. I know I won't be able to get them, so I run to Plutarch's house as fast as I can. When I open the door, everyone is till there. I'm out of breath from running up the hill so I can only stand there, bent over, an breathing heavy.
"Katniss?" Prim asks.
"Need.... Water....." I say between breaths. Prim gets a bottle com the fridge and I drink half of it in 10 seconds. I catch my breath.
"Two guys just stole my bag. Snow and Crane. You guys know then." I say to my friends.
"yeah they have been getting worse lately." Gale says.
"We should have warned you." Glimmer pipes in.
"It's okay. I have track my iPhone but it's on my... MacBook. Which was in my bag. Of course." I look at my shoes.
"We can get you a new phone Tuesday. The store is closed until then or remodeling. And for your MacBook, well you can use my personal one until we get you your own. I will use my work one." Plutarch says. Wow, this comes as a shock to me. But I don't want his charity. I don't like taking things from other people.
"No, it's okay." I say. He doesn't buy it.
"No really, use my personal one. My work one is enough for me. We will get you a new one." He promises. I sigh.
"Well thank you."
"Sure. We will get you one before thanksgiving so you can take it back to collage with you."
"I really appreciate it." I say. I drink the rest of my water.
"Katniss, we are really sorry we didn't get much time with you, but we gotta go." Cato says. Finnick, Gale, and Marvel nod.
"Where are you guys going?"
"Gale got some blood hounds. We are going coon hunting tonight. The old fashion way. Thought it would be fun to try." Finnick admits.
"Well I guess it's a girls night. Annie says.
"Except me. I have a stupid family game night my parents decided try tonight." Says Madge. That must be what she was arguing about.
"Well that sucks. But, Prim? You want to hang with us?" I ask.
"I would but I'm going to Rues house tonight. I will be back tomorrow Morning though an we will spend all weekend together." She says. She hugs me then rubs to my mom with a bag in her hand, exiting the garage door. I sigh. I just got back.
"Guess that just leaves us." I say to the girls.
"See you Beautiful ladies later." Finnick says kissing Annie and walking out. Gale stops next to me.
"We will do something tomorrow okay? Maybe go huntin by the lake." He says so I nod. He leans in and his lips touch mine. The kiss is soft and I can't really argue that I don't like it. He pulls away then walks out with Cato and Marvel.
"Do you girls know your way around this house? It's huge." I say.
"Yeah, we've been here enough. We like to hang with Prim. Plus, he has a hot tub in the back yard." Clove says.
"I look great in my new red bikini. Just saying. Anyone want to go hot tubing?" she asks. This is so crazy! A hot tub? I can't wait.
"Yeah, then we can goto the downstairs screening room." Annie says.
"Or play games. There is air hockey, fooseball, ping pong-" Clove starts.
"Stop. Don't ruin everything for me." I say and we all laugh. I run upstairs to a room specially marked Katniss, prim is right across from me. At least the little white bored on her door says so. It will feel good to get my mind of of all this drama. All these boy issues and sorting out my feelings. I put on a swimsuit and join the others downstairs so we can go into the hot tub.