Part Six: Singing

"So what are we going to do today?" I ask Peeta as we finish breakfast.
"Well, I thought we would go downtown for a while and tonight at seven, the Reds play the Mets tonight so I thought maybe it could be a fun rivalry." He says.
"There will be no competition. The mets are totally going to win." I say.
"Hey, Votto has gotten pretty decent at hitting this year. And Chapman ha that wicked fastball." He says.
"Matt Harvey can pitch too. Don't get to cocky. And Daisuke Matsuzaka has a .500 batting average." I point out.
"Ah, I didn't know I was dealing with a sports girl here. Alright, I guess we will settle this on the diamond." He says.
"And the Mets will win." I say.
"I wouldn't say that to loud around here. It could get you killed." He jokes.
"Whatever lets go." I say. We get up and leave.
"I think we should go to the movies. I hear a pretty good movie called The Hunger Games is playing. Thought we should see it." He says (😂😉😂)
"Sure. I've seen trailers it looks good." I says Nd we go to the movies. We watch the movie and I must say, it was very good.
"Peeta! The bakers son Josh looks exactly like you!" I say when we leave.
"What? No way. The archer Jen looks like you. Especially with the braid." He says.
"No way! Plus Josh bakes bread like you," I tease.
"And Jen hunt like you." He says.
"How about both of them are exactly like us." I say.
"Agreed." He says and we walk downtown for a while. We walk past all the buildings and we give some money to a homeless dude. We basically explore the city until its time for the game. We go to Great American Ball Park and get tickets. We get decent seats just behind home plate. There is almost no one here yet. We talk for awhile.
"So what do you like to do?" He asks.
"Well, I like to hunt. And do things with my sister. And, this is something I'm only admitting to you because I feel I can trust you, when I'm alone in the woods I sing." I say.
"Why only when you are alone?" He asks.
"Because I don't think I sing good enough to be I front of a crowed." I admit.
"We'll, there isn't a crowed now. So g something for me." He says.
"Oh no, I would choke." I say.
"Come on. Please." He says.
"Okay okay." I says and take a breath in. "Deep in the meadow. Under the willow. A bed of grass. A soft green pillow." I sing and carefully as I can. "There is more to that lullaby but I don't want to sing it all" (I actually don't want to write it all out. Ha!!)
"Katniss, that was beautiful." Peeta says in aw.
"You think?"
"Katniss, I'm pretty sure the birds stopped when you sang." He says.
"What? No way!" I say.
"Yes. You are great." He says again.
"We'll thanks." I say. Just then, the apparent president of Great American Ballpark walks near us on the phone. (Yes I know, but I needs to add this part.)
"How can she just cancel? We have no one to sing the national anthem! Well you can Tell Taylor Swift that we won't work with her anymore." He says hanging up his phone. Man, I could have seen Taylor Swift preform. Oh well. Then, I hear Peeta.
"Um, sir? Sir, yeah, hey I understand you need someone to so g tonight." He says. Oh no.
"Yeah, you have contact with Bruno Mars or Katy Perry or something?" He asks.
"No, but I have a talented singer right here." He says looking at me.
"What are you doing?" I whisper.
"Girl, you can sing?" The president asks me.
"She can sing better than Taylor Swift." Peeta says.
"We'll let's hear." He says. I freeze, but I do find my voice.
"Um, okay. Uh, oh say can you see. By the dawns early light. What so proudly we hail'd, at the twilights last gleaming." I sing and am cut off.
"I've heard enough. Your good kid. You wanna do it? You get paid." He says.
"Really how much?" I ask.
"10k? He asks and I almost choke.
"Now Hang on, I know you were going to pay Taylor more than that." Peeta says.
"She was famous." He says.
"Your point? We needs at least 20k." Peeta says.
"Fine. Whatever. 20k if you sing tonight. We will send someone to get you in 10 minutes." He says and walks away
"Do you hate me?" I ask Peeta.
"The very opposite Katniss." He says.
"Why would you tell him I can sing. I just told you I don't want to sing in front on people. I say.
"Only because you thought you weren't good. But you are amazing." He says.
"I'm only doing it because the money. My family needs it. Thanks for the extra 10k." I say.
"No problem. Now I'm going to call your sister and tell her to get your friends to turn on the game to see you. And here comes your friend." He says pointing at the person in a black suit walk towards us.
"See you in a few." I say and walk with the man.