Part Thirty Two: Taken

***Katniss***
When I wake up Tuesday morning, which is today, I realize what Has been bugging me since last night.
Peeta. That's what I was forgetting. Peeta. I was supposed to tell him my decision by yesterday. I can't believe I forgot that! How could I be so stupid? I don't even have way to contact him. I have to get my numbers back from my other phone. I jump out of bed, rushing to my closet. I decide on a long black sleeves shirt with my fathers hunting jacket. Though I'm panicking because I haven't been able to tell Peeta and I'm sure he has called me, the scent of my dad calms me. I can't believe how long he has been gone. But it's like his scent is stitched into every seem. I throw on some skinny jeans and my athletic shoes, running downstairs after putting my hair in a braid. I see my mother and Plutarch drinking coffee, mom on her laptop and Plutarch with his nose in the paper.
"Hey." I say. They both look up at me. Probably surprised I even said anything to them.
"Good morning Katniss." Plutarch says.
"Um, I don't want to sound rude, but can we go get my phone?" I ask.
"Why the rush?" He puts his paper down.
"I just, don't have some numbers and I need to talk to some people. Kind of urgent." I explain.
"Well I would but I have a meeting today at 12:00. I thought we would go after. How about I give you the account number and debit card. You can just drive yourself." He offers.
"Sure that would be great." I say.
"Keys and card are on the kitchen counter. Account number is 1-2-3-4-5." He says smiling. I smile back, then I wipe that smile off my face. What am I doing? He is only kind to me but he isn't my dad.
"Thank you." I rush to the kitchen, grab the stuff, then head to the car. But hen I open the garage door, I see Gale.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey. Can we talk?" He asks.
"I was actually just on my way out..."
"It will only be a minute." He promises..
"Sure lets talk." I smile. I close the garage door and turn to him.
"What the heck Katniss." He says.
"What did I do?" I ask.
"You haven't acted the same since you got back from college and you see Peeta there all the time. What is going on with you two?" He asks.
"Nothing is going on between us." He says.
"Don't lie to me." He snaps.
"Why would you think that?" I say sarcastically. "Not the fact that a week before he left I announced we were together. And when he was gone I started hanging out with you more? No that can't be it. Were you not curious at all? I could t just turn my feelings off and on it doesn't work like that!" I yell. "Guys are so oblivious!" I realize what I said when I see the hurt expression on his face. I can hear My best friends heart shatter. He never shows expression.
"Gale I-"
"No. Don't. You played with me Katniss."
"I didn't."
"Yeah, you kind of did. I had feeling for you and you just acted like you felt that way for me."
"No Gale I do have feelings for you. I swear. But I do for Peeta also." I say.
"Katniss you can't do that to me. I won't always be around of you will only act."
"I'm not acting I do like you. I didn't talk to you OR Peeta when I went back to college because I wanted time by myself. To decide."
"Hello?" I hear but it's not Gale. His lips never moved. I slowly turned around to see Peeta standing at the opening of the garage.
"Peeta?" I ask in a whisper.
"Oh thank goodness." He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back and he only sighs. Sounds like a breath of relief.
"Katniss. Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" He asks and of course in confused.
"In perfectly fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask. Then I see two other nous come around the corner. I recognize then from when they worked at the bakery. It's Peeta's brothers.
"I told you she would be fine." Rye says.
"How was I supposed to know? I couldn't contact her." Peeta says pulling away from the hug.
"Why would I be in any trouble?"
"When I called you, a man answered your phone. He said you were far away. Then he hung up."
"Well she is fine so you can leave now." Gale snaps.
"Gale." I sigh.
"This isn't your choice Gale. If she wants me gone all she has to do is say it but if she doesn't, then I'm not going anywhere." Peeta says. He steps away from me ad towards Gale.
"Do you think I'm afraid of you bread boy?" Gale asks.
"And you think I'm scared of you?" Peeta is only like an inch shorter than Gale.
"You should be. I was a black belt in karate when I was 14."
"And I came in 1st in wrestling in my age group when I was 15."
"Peeta, man, back off." Rye says but Peeta ignores him.
"She doesn't need you here. She needs time away from you."
"No, I think maybe she needs time away from you Gale." Peeta says. They are in each other's faves saying some pretty mean things to each other. I hate hearing all the hate going around. Just when I think they are about to snap, and someone may get hurt, I speak up to stop them.
"Stop it! Both of you! This is my decision!" I yell. I hear a car door then and I look to see all of our friends have showed up. Great.
"Peeta! What are you doing here man?" Finnick asks.
"Just checkin on Katniss. Making sure she's okay."
"Wow, paranoid much?" Cato laughs. They see Peeta's brothers and give me a questioning look. I don't take my eyes off the two guys.
"I promised you an answer by Monday but I may extend it now. Maybe I won't pick either of you if you are going to act like this." I snap. Wrong thing to say. I watch as both of their faces lower. I mean literally. Their eyes going to the ground and their mouths hang open a bit. I know I've hurt both of them. All of my friends stay still. I can seriously feel the awkward.
"I have to go get a new phone. Mine was stolen Peeta that's why I couldn't call you. You didn't have to fly out here." I say not very nice.
"I just wanted to make sure you-" I cut him off.
"That I was safe. I know. Thanks. But it was a waste of money." Why am I being such a jerk?
"Well excuse me for caring." He steps away from Gale and towards me. Basically in the middle.
"Excuse me for being worried when a strange man picks up your phone after you haven't, says you were far away from wherever the hell he was. I'm so sorry I care enough about you to freak out when someone laughs in my ear because I want to talk to you, giving me no answers, and then hanging up." He says.
"You don't have anyone's number? Not even Finnicks?" I ask but raising my voice.
"No, I don't. And I tried Facebook, Skype, call, text, FaceTime, everything! Because I wanted to make sure you were safe. I'm so sorry for loving you that much." He says.
"Calm down! Geez I'm fine!" I yell.
"How was I supposed to know! My mom wanted me to wait util after Thanksgiving to check on you but I would have just worried the entire time!" He is raisin his voice, I'm raisin mine, so that draws the attention of my mother, Plutarch, and Prim.
"You are so stupid Peeta Mellark! Ever think you just dialed the wrong number!? I bet you didn't even think twice about it did you!"
"Oh I'm stupid? What did you forget what day of the week it was? You don't know what a Facebook message is? You couldn't have simply skyped and said "hey lost my phone." You left we wondering and scared to death! And I'm stupid? If anything I'm stupid for loving you!" Okay, that one hurt. Everyone gasps and Peeta calms down. The hurt must register on my face or something because his face goes soft and sorry.
"Katniss, I didn't mean that."
"Leave."
"Katniss please, I didn't mean what I said."
"Peeta! Leave!" I yell. He stares at me for a minute, but he turns towards his brothers, walking to his truck. I don't know what to do know with everyone starring at me.
"Madge." I say not paying attention to anyone else.
"Yeah?" She says from the crowed of friends."
"Come with me." She doesn't hesitate. She gets in the passenger seat. I get in the car and turn the key, opening the garage door. Everyone clears so I can get out.
"What happened?" She asks.
"I was talking to Gale, me and him were starting to get into it when Peeta came out of nowhere with his brothers. He said someone answered my phone and he is freaking out so e came here because he couldn't contact me. Then you heard basically everything." I shrug trying to forget it.
"Katniss I'm sorry." I pull the car over on the side of the road, tears forming in my eyes.
"I was choosing him! I was choosing him over Gale and I was about to tell Gale that. But now I don't know." I cry.
"Oh sweetie." Madge hugs me close to her, letting me stain her shirt with my tears.
"Don't judge him to quickly. We all say things we don't mean when we get angry. Me and you have been best friends since we were 7, we know how that is." She rubs my back
"It doesn't matter. I told him to leave so he won't want me." I hug her tighter.
"That's not true. Every relationship has fights. It's healthy to be honest."
"He hates me." I say.
"He doesn't hate you. He still loves you more than you could ever know." I grip my hands tighter on her shirt.
"How do you know?"
"because love is patient and love is kind." She says. She is right. She has to be. It's Madge.
"Thanks Madge." I sit up and start the car again. We drive a short distance to the Verizon store. Madge wants to wait in the car and that's fine with me. Gives me a few minutes with people who didn't see that fight. I walk in, pick our the newest iPhone, explain what happened, and get all my contacts from my other phone out on this new one. I even get a new life proof case. I thank the man who did all this for me and I pay for everything. I walk out of the store ad towards the car, where Madge sits. She smiles a little when she sees me. I start towards her when I feel someone grab my shoulder. I lol and see Snow and Seneca, the ones that took my other phone.
"Got another phone I see." Snow says. I'm can hear the car door open. Madge stands next to it.
"Yeah, because some dicks stole my other one." I snap.
"I wouldn't have said that." Seneca reaches forward, getting me in a headlock. He yanks me towards his car and I can hear Madge.
"Hey! Stop it!"
"Hush girl! Or we will get you too." Snow says. I hope she shuts up. I can't hear anything anymore because I've been shoved in the car. Seneca tied my hands together. My phone is in my pocket I just can't reach it. I can't let them know I still have it. They probably thought I dropped it but I really just dropped the case I hadn't put on. I see Snow speaking with Madge and she starts crying. Then Seneca and Snow both run to this car and we drive off. I finally register what has happened. Peeta was right to come check on me. He had every right. Snow was on the other line the night her called and they were planning this. Peeta should have been worried. I feel horrible for yelling at him and now they may kill me before I get the chance to tell him I'm sorry. How in so so sorry! Snow turns from the front seat and looks at me.
"Oh yeah. You are going to be worth a lot more than what we are asking." He says and I recoil. I hide my face in my heads so he can't see me. So he can't tell in crying. But he should already know. Peeta, I'm sorry. You were right! I think to myself. I hope he knows how sorry I am after they have killed me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How did you guys like that chapter:) I need opinions!!!