Part Twenty Six: Talking to Prim

Firstly, I want to say that I will be ending this book soon! :'( I loved writing it but I have new ideas for new books so make sure to stay connected!

Also, to all Keeta fans, hang in there! Her decision is coming soon!

I may write a sequel! Guess it depends what you all want at the end! Maybe 3 more chapters left! I will make them good! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***2 and 1/2 months later***

I sit at my computer working on this horrible English assignment. Probably my worse subject ever. My room is quiet even though Foxface is here with me. She sits on her bed with a math book open. This semester has been harder than anything I've had to do. Teachers are cracking down on our butts and making us stressed. Late nights, early morning, 5 hours of sleep. How do they expect us to pay attention In their classes when we can't even have coffee to wake us up? Plus Gale and Peeta have been filling my thoughts. I have little contact with either of them honestly. Gale insists on skyping me even when I give him the excuse that I'm really busy with school work. And I go to the bakery once a week, usually Friday mornings, to get a cheese bun for breakfast. Peeta is always there and always has one bagged and ready. He tells me not to pay, but I always slip a few dollars on the counter before I leave, forcing him to take it. I got back to my report. The project is to evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk I have taken, or ethical dilemmas I have faced and it's impact on me. I could write about my dad dying (dilemma) and how taking over as head of the family made the impact of being more responsible. I could write about hunting for food (risk) when we didn't have the money to buy and could have resulted in punishment for doing it out of season. But that only led us to a meal. My only real achievement was either keeping my family alive or making it I college with how extreme my grade are. But I want to write about an experience I had. Sure I've had

Many jus like anyone else, but there is one tugging at my brain. Like it wants to come out and speak, but it can't. I can't fully think of it. Just a little part here and there, then it's gone again. Suddenly my laptop starts dinging. Someone wants to skype. Oh what a shock it's Gale. I hit ignore then I send the message "busy" and I go back to thinking. But almost right away my laptop dings again. This time it's Prim who wants to skype. Of course I have to answer Prim. I click accept and her face pops up.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey little duck. I can't talk Lon I'm working on an English report. What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing really. I was really bored and I wanted to talk to someone."

"Well I'm here to talk anytime. How is school going? You should have your first report card by now what were your grades?" I ask.

"Uh, 2 B's, 1 A, 3 C's and a D+." She says and looks away from me. I know what she is feeling. Her sister is so smart and can get to college without even finishing high school, but he can't even get two A's.

"Hey it's alright. You will just have to work harder. See, if things like this come easy to me, and I don't have to work hard, what have I really learned? What good is it going to do me if I don't have a work ethic. But you, you have to work hard for the grades you want. And if you are willing to work hard then that will help you in real life." I tell her. She smiles a little and looks at me again. Prim is very creative when it comes to writing and being artistic. Where as I do not. (This is actually like me and my younger brother! He is like Katniss and I'm like Prim. That's what my parents always tell me! That I will have a good work ethic.:))

"Oh! When do you come home? We are done with school after this Friday." She says. Thanksgiving came so fast.

"Well, I think they stop classes this Friday as well. So I will fly home right after school. Guess I should have thought about this earlier" I shrug

"Just as long as you come home. Are you bringing Peeta?"

"Uh, well, no. He will have his own family thing anyways."

"Katniss what's wrong with you?" She asks almost accusingly.

"What do you mean?"

"Why is it so hard for you to choose between Peeta and Gale?"

"Well Prim I love both of them and they both love me. And I don't want to hurt one of them."

"Kat, Peeta is a great guy an you will see him more. I love Gale to I mean, he has been around since dad died and is like my brother. Like a brother Katniss. That's even how he treats you a lot if the time. Like he is protecting you like you do with me. Because we are siblings. Peeta treats you different. He protects you, but he is able to actually show his love. It's so obvious." She says and I'm flabbergasted. My little sister may not be smart at school, but she is great with advice.

"And I see him as a brother too. That's why I don't want to see him hurt."

"Katniss, do you remember like three years ago when I fell of the swings at the middle school and broke my arm?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you do?"

"I took you to the ER and got you fixed. I helped you." I say not getting where he is taking this.

"Apply that with Gale. I broke my arm, you may break his heart. But I got a cast and after awhile I was completely healed. The same with happen with Gale." She says an I finally understand what she means.

"So you are saying to pick Peeta?" I ask.

"I'm saying, you know Gale to much and you have been around him for a long time. He is to much like family. So I think it would be best to give Peeta a chance before Gale."

"Prim i'm going to think about that. I really will. I don't know maybe I will even pray about it."

"Do what you have to do. I hope you make the right decision though. Anyways, I have some math to finish up so I will talk to you soon." She says.

"Okay, love you." I say smiling.

"Love you too." She smiles and hangs up. I'm left with Foxface ho has put headphones in and is singing a Taylor Swift song. I think it's Back to December. It makes me think. I could chose wrong and spend the rest of my life wishing I could go back and change my mind. I move to my bed, deciding this project can wait until tomorrow. I close my eyes and sing the song.

I'd go back to December turn around and change my own mind.

I'd go back to December all the time.