Part Twenty Three: Gale

There is exactly 3 knocks at my door after exactly 1 hour of being locked in my room.
"Come in." I say and I wipe away some tears. Gale walks in and closes the door. He comes in alone and sits on the bed next to me.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just upset that he left you know?"
"That's how I felt when you left last year. But you will see him in a few weeks. Then you'll feel better."
"Gale, I'm sorry I left but I had the chance to start things early and I thought it was a good idea. I never thought you my friends." I say.
"No, don't feel bad. I'm glad you left. I mean, I was upset at first but I'm glad you got the chance to go so young. I'm 2 years older than you and you are already ahead of me. Are you trying to make me look stupid?" He says smiling. I laugh a little.
"I don't try, but it's not hard." I joke and this brings another smile to his face.
"Hey, I'm in honors math."
"I'm kind of in honors everything compared to you." I wink at him.
"You hurt my feelings." He says looking down.
"Aw I'm sorry." I say. Without thinking I lean up and kiss his cheek. He turns to me surprised. I'm up by his face when he leans in and kisses me in the lips this time. He puts his hands on my cheeks and I can't decide whether or not to kiss him back. It's only fair to give him a chance. Peeta's voice says in my head. I have to listen to Peeta. I put my hands around Gales neck and kiss him back. I can't tell right now if I like it or not. It's definitely different than Peeta's kiss but I'm lot sure in what way. Good or bad? I guess I will just have to find out. I lean into the kiss a little bit more but Gale needs air so he takes a breath, leaning our foreheads together.
"What just happened?" He asks.
"I'm pretty sure we kissed." I say as if it's the lat obvious thing in the world.
"And that's bad." He says.
"Why is it bad?"
"Well you and Peeta are together so..." He trails off.
"Well, he left. And I don't know I just didn't feel much with him." I lie because I did feel things with Peeta. I just have to give Gale a chance.
"So, you're giving me a chance?" He asks. I smile.
"Yeah, I am." I kiss him lightly again. I stand up off my bed.
"Come on, let's go watch a movie with Prim." I say and he takes my hand. I feel bad about doing this to him. Leading him on like I am. We go to the love seat because Prim is spread out on the couch. He puts his arm around and and holds my hand still with the other. I rest my head on his shoulder and we watch the movie Prim had put in. I think it's Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief.
(That's for you Alycia!:))It's a pretty good movie and I remember falling asleep about the time that they get to the underworld. The next thing I remember is Gale carrying me to my room. He lays me in my bed and again, not thinking, I grab his hand.
"You can stay here tonight." I say.
"Are you sure?" He asks. I nod.
"Okay, I will just grab some blankets and crab on the couch." He starts to walk away but I stop him. What the hell am I doing! I like Peeta.
"Stay in here." I say but my eyelids are drooping. I don't remember what happened after that but when I wake up from a nightmare in the middle of the night, Gale is in bed with me and had his arms around me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys! I freaking Love Keeta and Peeniss. So don't stop reading please!!!!