Part Thirty Seven: Christmas

It's been over a year since the accident happened with Snow. Peeta and I went back to the college and everyone seemed so shocked that we were together. Every time I look at him my heart melts. The love shows in his eyes and the faithfulness he had towards me shows every time he holds my hand. I feel that rush of energy when his lips are on mine or when his hands find the hem of my shirt. I won't lie, we have come close to sex a couple of times. But he knows how much abstinence means to me and I think he believes the same way. Which is exactly why things have worked out so well with us. We haven't fought one time after what happened during Thanksgiving break, Peeta still tries to apologize for that. But when he does I usually kiss him to stop his rant. Right now our plane is landing in New York. Peeta agreed to come spend Christmas with me. If he didn't I wouldn't have been able to leave him behind. His mother was very mad about him coming with me, so Plutarch had them flown out here with us. In a couple days after Christmas we will all go to New York City. I lean against Peeta while we wait for instructions to get off the plane. He seems very tense. Not relaxed at all.

"Peeta what's wrong?" I ask.

"Huh? Nothing." He says. The one time I can tell he's lying.

"Yes there is. You seem tense."

"I'm for really." He smiles his dazzling smile and I smile back. Whatever it is doesn't concern me so I will drop it.

"Hey are you two love birds gonna get off?" Ryan asks. He stands by our seats. We are the only ones left and the flight attendants look annoyed because until we leave they can't.

"Um, yeah sorry." We stand, grabbing our carry ins and going to the exit. As soon as we are in the airport I hear screaming. Someone sounds excited. I turn around and see Prim running towards me, using with me, knocking us both down in a massive hug.

"Hey sis." I kiss her head.

"Katniss I missed you."

"I was home 4 weeks ago for thanksgiving." Peeta helps us both up.

"Still was a long time ago." She argues playfully. Then she runs over to Peeta, embracing him. She whispers something in his ear that I can't understand. He just nods his head. Huh?

"What was that Prim?" I ask but before she can answere, I'm lifted off my feet and Into the air. This time it's Finnick who has me in his arms, spinning me around and around. I scream In joy and terror until he finally sets me down. Then I hug him. I didn't get to see him at Thanksgiving because he went out of state, so the last time I saw him was when I left after summer vacation.

"Hey Fin."

"Hey kitty kat." He purrs the nickname he gave me so Long ago. I hear about 5 girls yell my name and Finnick walks over to Peeta, punching his arm playfully. I'm surrounded by Glimmer, Clove, Annie, Joanna, and Madge. We skype all the time so I've seen them a lot more than the others. But it's still good to be able to actually touch them. They all hug me and I hear two guys make their way over to us and the girls get shoved out of the way. Marvel and Cato come up to hug me, making it almost impossible to breath.

"Guys.... Air...." They release me but smirks are on their faces so I can tell they did it on purpose. I kiss their cheeks and I walk towards my mom, step dad, and Uncle Haymitch. I get hugs from mom and Plutarch straight away, they tell me how much they missed me. Then I go to uncle Haymitch.

"Good to see you sweetheart." He pats my cheek. I smile. I can smell the spirits on his breath.

"I can tell your not the designated drive." He rolls his eyes.

"Your home! We should be celebrating!"

"Haymitch you drink when we don't celebrate." I say laughing. "But I'm not getting in a car with you." Then I see him. The tall, olive skinned black hair grey eyed boy I left this summer. He was gone for Thanksgiving too. I rush to him fast than the others, wrapping my arms around his mid section. He rests his head on mine and I breath in his scent.