Part Twenty Four: First Date

***3 days later****

"Girls! I don't know what to do." I say as they all gather in my room, leaving the guys talking in the back yard.

"What do you mean?" Annie asks.

"I have to tell you all something." I admit and I sit on my bed. They all gather around in the floor.

"I uh, well, Peeta and I decided that since he left early. I should give uh, I should give Gale a chance. And I will admit that I have enjoyed it but uh, I'm going back soon and I don't know about Peeta." And they all stare shocked at me. Glimmer seems the most upset.

"Wow, you little bitch."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Why the hell would you do that to him? Why would you lead Gale on to turn around and go back to Peeta. He is your best friend!" She stands up and continues yelling "why would you put him through the pain of making him believe that you like him!"

"Because I think I do! But I also like Peeta!" I'm furious now.

"Well maybe you shouldn't lead either of them on if you don't know." She snaps. This sets me off. I jump off of my bed and I tackler Glimmer, taking her to the ground. I pin her arms above her head while the other tell me to get off or tell Glimmer to just shut up.

"Now listen here. You think I feel GOOD about this? You think I want to hurt either of them? I love both of them! You are so stupid!" I scream in her face and I get off.

"You don't know what I'm going through. So chill out. I love them both and I don't know what to do. That's why I thought I would be able to come to you guys for help. But if you are all going to behave like her, ten never mind." There is an uncomfortable silence. They all sit there, making up their minds. The first person to come to me is Annie. I can always count on her.

"I'll help you Kat." She says and stands next to me; declaring she had taken my side. Clove comes next and does the same thing, then I get Joanna.

"You can help me or be against me."

"Fine. But you better come clean to someone soon." She says and walks to me. I hug her. I don't like fighting with my friends.

"Okay, so what do you guys think I should do?"

*** 3 hours later ***

*Gales POV*

"Katniss! The movie starts in 1 hour!" I holler at her room. Everyone left earlier so it's just is. I asked Finnick if him and Annie wanted to double date since this is my first date with her and I'm nervous, and he agreed for both of them. After the movie, where we are meeting them, we are going to dinner. Katniss comes around the corner and I peck her cheek.

"Ready?" I smile.

"Yeah." She says blankly.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Just tired." She puts on a fake smile. I know her to well and i know something is bugging her. But I also know if she says she doesn't want to talk about it, not to push the issue. I lead her to my car and we drive to the movies where Finnick as Annie stand waiting outside. They already got out tickets.

"Popcorn is on you guys." Finnick says winking and Katniss smiles a little. We get some popcorn and drink and we watch Katniss's 2nd favorite type of movie. Comedy. Get favorite is action. With weapons, but not guns. Like now and arrows, tridents, knives. I see why she likes Percy Jackson. The movie ends and we go to some sit down restaurant. Katniss only wants some water and I'm curious. I want to know what wrong with her. She didn't laugh at the movie even though it was by far the funniest thing I have ever seen, and she is always hungry. She used to never get enough to eat when she was younger and when she got older he ate like a pig.

"Katniss." I say.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?"

"I will um, tell you later." She says looking at Finnick and Annie who are talking about something. In private. That scares me a bit but I want to know. I swear if bread boy had anything to do with her mood I will kill him. We finish dinner and I drive her home. I don't let her leave the car though.

"Katniss. It's later." I say. She sighs.

"Yeah it is." She looks at her hands "I've decided Gale that I like you. Not exactly like you like me but I do have strong feelings for you." She says and my heart flips with joy. But he seems upset about admitting it.

"So, what's wrong then?"

"Well, I feel bad about Peeta. Leading him on like I did." She says. So I was right. Peeta did have something to do with it, just not how I thought.

"Well when you go back to college, you will be able to tell him. I can't fight that battle for you even thought I wish I could. So you didn't have to go through pain."

"I know and I got back next week." She says and I feel depressed. I finally get her and she has to leave again.

"Long distant relationships can work." I say and I kiss her lips very quickly and very lightly.

"I hope." She smiles an gets out of my car, entering her house. So I drive home.

***Katniss's POV***

I chickened out. That wasn't the plan. I just couldn't see him hurt. Now I will have to see him even more hurt later instead of less hurt now. I'm such a screw up. At least I leave soon. That should make things easier. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why do you guys think of the newest chapter???:) mysterious!!! And guess what!! I got my driving permit the other day!

So may dad is teaching me I drive! My second time and he let me drive home tonight and through Town!

I haven't driven around people yet so I think the odds were In my favor! ;)