Part Fourteen: Hospital

***Peeta's POV***
I don't know where I'm going, but Katniss's wet clothes are making her heavy. I don't know what direction her house is or her local hospital, so I run towards sound. I think I hear cars passing on a nearby road, probably the road that leads to her house so I run that direction. Every now and then I feel Katniss slipping out of my arms so I have to stop and grab her more securely. I was able to grab my shirt but I wrapped it around her bleeding foot. Whatever got her clawed her or bit her, I'm just hoping it was nothing poisonous. She must have hit her head on something too because she has a big bump on the back of her head, which could be dangerous. I run faster towards the sound of cars and when I break through the trees, I see one car coming our direction. I lay Katniss down very gently, and wave at the car. I'm shocked to see Finnick, Cato, Marvel, and Gale in this car. Probably going to see Katniss. Then another car comes along and the girls get out.
"Guy... Help... Katniss... Hospital." I try my best to clearify because I'm out of breath. They don't understand so I go to Katniss and pick her up. When they see her, Gale gets out of the car.
"What did you do to her?" He growls at me.
"I didn't do anything. We were swimming in the lake and something pulled her under water." I tell him. Gale stares me down, but I hold my ground. They make room in the car for me, and i keep Katniss in my arms, refusing to let anyone else touch her. Even Gale. I sit in the very back of the SUV with her and we quickly drive the to the hospital. When we get there, I run to the nurses desk, leaving the others in the car. She barely looks up.
"Can I help you sir?" She asks.
"Well if you stopped playing Farmville you would see that I have a badly hurt teen here." I say and she does. She gasps and checks Katniss pulse. She starts talking into a phone and I hear her voice above me.
"Emergency. I have a teen her who has a weak pulse and is out cold. Please send as many doctors availible." She says and within minutes, all of the guys have come inside. Gale walked up to Katniss and isn't leaving. If I didn't know how much Katniss cares about him, I would probably try and get him out of her. But I know he makes her happy. I sigh, knowing I will never have Katniss. I hand her to Gale and he doesn't question me. I go to sit down when Finnick throws me a shirt. I nod and sit down, a few seats away from the rest of them. I rest my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hand. I say a prayer. God, I don't care if I can't have her. I don't care if Gale gets her. Please, just let her live. Please just let her be okay. I say in my head. When I look up, I see Mrs. Everdeen come through the door.
"Of course. My first day on the job." She says walking over with a stretcher and Gale lays Katniss on it. They take her through the double doors and I'm frantic. I walk towards the doors and try to get in, but they won't let me. I'm starting to get mad, but they keep saying no.
"She will be okay though right? She will be okay!?" I say.
"We aren't sure right now. We will just have to wait." The nurse says and I hit a cup of pens, sending them flying through the air. I'm pissed now. I go over to the couch in the waiting room and I sit down when the girls walk in. They bring me over my shoes and Katniss's stuff. I put on my shoes and I hold her shoes, phone, sweats, and I feel something in the pocket. I pull out a piece of peper, looking at the picture I had drawn earlier. The one she asked if she could keep. I put it back in her pocket for when she woke up. After what seems like forever, a doctor comes out. I stand.
"Who brought her here?" The doctor asks and I step forward.
"How is she?" I ask.
"She went through the surgery around her foot, and she will have concussion. She is still drugged up and with stay like that for a few days, but she will be okay. She doesn't even need crutches for her foot it was more of just stitches. She can leave when you want to check her out. Good job son." He says and he extends his hand. I shake it, turning back twards her friends who haven't heard anything.
"She got stitches and has a concussion. She will be able to leave today." I announce and they all sigh in relief. The doctor lets me go into her room and I see her sitting up, bouncing a little bit. She looks like a little kid who just ate a lot of sugar and sweets.
"Hey Katniss." I say and she looks at me.
"PEETA! OH MY GOSH! YOU HAVE A RAINBOW COMING OUT OF YOUR HEAD!" She screams smiling a little weird.
"Um... yeah. It's me." I say and I look at the doctor.
"She will be like this for a few days, like I said. It will hopefully wear off." He says and walks out.
"Katniss? Are you ready to go home?" I ask her and she nods her head. I help her out of the bed and I grab her shoes, pants, and a shirt that her mom must have given her because it was on the chair. I walk her to the restroom to give her some time to change. I open the door for her, and she doesn't move.
"Are you going in?" I ask her. She is hesitant, but she makes her way to the doorway. She gasps.
"Oh my gosh." She whispers. "FOR NARNIA!" She screams holding a hand above her head. I can't help but laugh, and she runs in the bathroom flushing the tolite a lot. I close the door and I hear her shriek. I open it again.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"You can't leave me in here with the with that!!!!" She points to the tolite.
"It won't hurt you I promise. But you need to get dressed okay?" I ask and she nods. I close the door. When she opens it again, she sweatshirt is on backwards and her shoes are on the wrong feet. I have her sit down to put her shoes on the right way. When I take off her shoes, she freaks out.
"WHERE DID MY FEET GO!" She says starting to cry. She is looking at her socks. I pull on sock off and she sees her toes.
"Are you magic??? How did you do that!"
"Come on Katniss." I put her shoes on right and help her put her sweatshirt on correct. We start to walk out and she is skipping. I try to settle her down but I can't seem to get her to.
"Settle down Katniss." I say.
"But we are going outside! Their will be plants!"
"Plants?"
"Like, flowers! With pretty colors!" She is getting really excited over plants. She decides she is tired because she sits down on the fllor.
"Katniss, stand up." I say.
"Not until you buy me skittles!"
"I will when we get out of here."
"You are lying." She says pouting.
"No I'm not. We will get some later." I promise her.
"But I don't want to walk." She looks at the ground. I sigh, but I lean down to her level. I pick her up and we start walking towards the waiting room. She starts kicking her feet and messes up my hair. She keeps laughing at me and places a kiss on my cheek.
"You are really drugged up." I say.
"Well you are kinda-" I say but she is cut off. "OH MY GOSH! A DUCK!" She screams because we are in the waiting room and she sees Prim. Prim runs to her as I set her down. Katniss keeps quacking into Prim's ear and she looks at me weird.
"What's wrong with her?"
"She is drugged up Prim." I tell her. After that, we get in Finnick's and drive back to her house. I wish Katniss could sit on my lap, but she instead, sits up front with Gale. I get so mad when he puts his arm around her. But I laugh when she screams that a snake is on her, forcing him to take it off. We get to her house and she runs inside.
"You guys should really stay. At the hospital and in the car, and things are going to get funny." I tell Finnick, Marvel, and Annie when we step out of the cars.
"We totally will. It's only 2 p.m. now but we will have to leave by 6 p.m." Clove says walking up behind them. We go into the house after a skipping Katniss. She jumps on the couch and pretends to be asleep like a little kid. I walk up in front of her face and lightly shake her. She opens her eyes, lunging forward yelling "BOO!" hitting my head. She sits back and opens her mouth in shock.
"THE MUFFIN MAN HURT ME!" She screams pointing at me. Muffin man? Really? That's what she thinks of when she sees me?
"Can I have food!" She screams changing her subject. I walk to the kitchen. She should be hungry by now. Someone walks in behind me, laughing. It's Finnick.
"She is going on about seeing Narnia earlier." He says.
"That was the restroom at the hospital." I say and we both end up cracking up. Fiinnick is actually a pretty cool guy. I'm glad Katniss knows him because now I know him. I make some popcorn and a turkey sandwich. Taking it out to her, I find everyone video taping her. She is running around the room with her arms out to her sides making airplane noises.
"FOOD!" She screams when she sees me. She eating the turkey sandwich really fast. About halfway through, she starts crying, but finishes the sandwich in between sobs.
"Katniss, what's wrong?" Cato asks.
"I just at turkey! What if that was the daddy of a turkkey family? I just ate their daddy!" She cries more and it's hard not to laugh.I rub her back but Gale gives me the death glare. I pull my hand back.
"Do you want some popcorn?" I ask and she takes the bowl, suddenly over eating the turkey dad. She throws the popcorn in the air and starts singing. "I throw my popcorn in the air sometimes! Saying ah oh, taste like butter! I wanna celebrate and eat it right! And it's yummy! In my tummy!" And she throws popcorn at everyone. We are cracking upbut she keeps throwing it at us. After a few hours of her randomness, everyone starts to leave. Guess they had plans tonight. When it is only Prim, Katniss, Gale and myself in the room, I feel like Gale wants to talk to me.
"Prim, you and Katniss go in the kitchen alright? I will come in after while." I say and she takes a quacking and giggling Katniss into the kitchen. I stare at Gale.
"What?" I ask. He takes me off guard. He pins me against the wall with his arm at my throat. He leans close so he doesn't have to yell.
"What the hell man. You can't just come into her life and win her over like that. I have known her so much longer so why can't you just let us be together? HOW DID YOU GET HER TO SAY THAT?" She screams anyways.
"Say what?" I say.
"Go ask her." She says and releases his grasp on me. Before I can get away from him though, he punches my stomach. I won;t cry out though because I won't let him hear me in pain. I act like it doesn't hurt, and he walks out. I walk into the kitchen to see PRim and Katniss talking about what sounds like ducks.
"Can we go see more ducks tomorrow? Pretty please!!!" Katniss begs.
"Of course we can." I answer for Prim.
"I'm going to bed. I'm sleeping in my room with Katniss. You get her room Peeta. Heard you didn't sleep last night." Prim says standing up.
"Yeah, I'm weird. Thank you. I will bring her to bed later." I tell her and she walk out. I turn to Katniss. She looks like she is pouting.
"What's wrong?"
"I want to see duckies now." She says.
"Well, what about we go for a walk?"
"YAY!" She screams. I help her up and we walk outside. We see a cat run out in front of us.
"OH MY GOSH!!! A KITTY CAT!!!" She screams and chases a cat into the woods.
"Katniss com back!" I yell and I run into the woods after her. I don't see her, it's like she disappeared. I start running in the woods searching for her yelling her name. I look around but I can't find her.
"Katniss!" I scream. I hear thunder and it starts raining. I keep running throuh the woods when someone steps out in front of me. I remember Katniss's dream and I get scared.