Part Thirty Four: Black Ops

***Peetas POV***
We pull up to what is apparently the training center that Madge was talking about. It's abandoned. It looks like a cold place where blood must have covered the floor from time to time. Where only the strongest people would enter. It looks dark and full of hate. But Katniss is in there. And I have to get her back. Everyone grabs their weapons and I look at my bare hands. My only weapon is my strength. Everyone else had something to defend themselves but I only have strength. Oh well, it's something. We left Katniss's sister and mother at home with my brothers. Annie and Madge are good to stay in the car so we can make a fast escape if needed.
"Does everyone understand the plan?" I ask once more. They all nod.
"Okay Plutarch, go ahead." I say. I don't know when I became the leader of this but everyone had been looking to me for answers. His part should take about 5 minutes, then we head in. The windows are tinted so Snow cants see us. 5 more minutes as we will be working on getting her back. I look at Gale. Something that he said has been bugging me for awhile and I don't care if we are I front of everyone, I'm going to ask it.
"Gale." I at. He turns, raising his eye brows.
"When Katniss got out of the hospital and was all drugged up, you said she said something. And you wanted ME to tell you how I got her to say it."
"Yeah? So?" He replies.
"What did she say?" Everyone is looking at us.
"She said-" then we hear something. Our heads snap to the left where Snow is throwing Plutarch out of the building.
"I said the right amount of money an you come with $10,000? Ridiculous! Don't think you are getting her back like that." Snow walks back in with the money. Plutarch rushes to the car.
"Okay, there is a back door and a side door. The side door is covered more with old boxes and they were set up more on the right side of the building. And look there." He points to the right front of the building.
"You can get up that fire escape and get inside. There is an upstairs where Katniss has to be. There were do other doors on The floor level and I didn't see her." He says. We all nod.
"Are you guys ready for this?" I ask.
"What do we have to do?" Finnick says. "Where do you want us?" Why are they asking me these questions? I know as much as they do. But I have to lead, that's my job.
"Glimmer, you and Marvel get up the fire escape with me. I will have to search the upstairs while you cover me. Finnick, Joanna, and Cato, go in the side doors where they can't see you. Clove go to the back door but only come in of you hear a lot of trouble. Out goal is to get out without being seen or heard."
"What about me?" Gale asks. Wow, he is actually going to take orders from me?
"Come with me. You still have your bow?"
"Of course." He rolls his eyes.
"Stay quiet and we will be fine. Annie keep the car on. Plutarch and Madge squeeze yourselves in the back to make plenty of room for us. If you see we are coming open the door." Everyone nods.
"Everyone get these helmets on." I order. We do and we put the microphone to our ear. This will pick up any Un identified people and Haymitch will tell us what to do. I turn on the mic.
"Any last advice?" Someone asks but we all hear it.
"Stay alive." Haymitch says through the headset. He is in the car behind us.
"Let's move."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I climb after Glimmer and Marvel with Gale behind us. Why has happened between us seems to have left because we now have to watch each other's back. I reach the top and help Gale on the landing. I see the others disappear behind the building and to the side of it. Finnick looks at me before rounding the corner, and waves his trident at me. I nod, then he is gone. We enter the doors, very quickly and quietly. It looks like an indoor track that goes around the perimeter of the building. There is a railing up to keep from falling over and a total of 5 doors. Anyone of them could hold Katniss.
"Glimmer, Marvel." I whisper and they come closer.
"Point your weapons at them, but don't shoot unless they spot us. Go for legs or arms. Don't kill unless they could kill you or someone else." I whisper. They nod, taking their positions.
"Gale?"
"Yeah?"
"Check those two doors to the left, I will check the two to the right." He nods then heads for the left side. I go to the right. I open first the door but no Katniss. Old boxes with old training equipment like head gear. I close that door slowly. I check over the railing to see Snow and Seneca playing cards, a little tv is on, and spirits on the table with them. I move to the next door. All I find are matts and some more head gear. I look at Gale who is coming out of his second door. He shakes his head so I move to him.
"She had to be in that last room." I point to the door that goes all the way to the other side, right above where they are playing cards. We both see the big problem. Then I hear Haymitch,
" hey I see three red dots on the right side of the building." He confirms. That's it. Either Katniss is under that table or in the room.
"Thanks." I whisper.
"You take the right way around I take the left? Then if they spot one of us we both aren't screwed." Gale says. I kid. So I take off the other way around. But as I move, I notice in not very quiet. Then I slip, making a loud thud. They look at me.
"Hey!" They both yell. I hear boxes falling an ten I see Finnick, Joanna, and Cato rush them, distracting them. I hear a lot of screaming and yelling, a lot of metal on metal and then I see knives flying. Clove has joined in.
"Peeta! Get to that door!" Haymiych yells. I see Glimmer and Marvel are starting to shoot but missing. On purpose it looks like. I get back up, running to the door. When I get there, I find it locked. Of course. Gale rushes to my side.
"Kick it at the same time on three. One two three! He says and we both kick the door down. I see Katniss, tied to a chair with hands behind her back and ankles ties together. She has duck tape on her mouth. I rush over to hear, taking the tape off.
"Don't speak." I say. Gale I ties her hands and I get the ankles. She stands, stretching a little, then looks at me.
"You were right. You should have been worried. In so sorry." She rants.
"Let's talk about that later. Come on." I say and we run out the door, Gale heads left so I follow. I see Glimmer and Marvel still standing there, a few arrows left in her quiver and 3 spears left with Marvel.
"Let's go." I say. Haymitch must be able to tell we are moving because then he ones on.
"Get out of there!" He says into our headsets. I rush for the fire escape. Glimmer and Marvel go before us. I see the others down below running for the cars and I realize we won't have much time. Gale starts down and I send Katniss down too. As I'm about to start my way down, someone grabs me from behind. I scream as they turn me around, and I land on my arm wrong.
"Ah!" I scream in pain. I hold my arms and I'm almost positive it's broken.
"Peeta!" I hear Katniss. I see her start to climb back up.
"No! Gale stop her!" I yell. Gale grabs her, rushing her towards the car as she screams at him to let her go. Snow picks me up rather harshly.
"You aren't worth nearly as much as her." He hisses.
"Let go." I say trying to sound aggressive but my voice cracks.
"I can still get some money out of you." He says and starts pulling me toward the door. I fight back, using my strength. Something I thought was useless just a few minutes ago. I kick under his legs, knocking him off balance. I jump down onto the latter, hurting my arm even more. I yelp in pain but I see Snow have gotten up. I'm halfway down the latter when he pulls out the gun and I stop, my arm screaming in pain.
"Peeta, come back up and I won't kill you." He says. I only stand there for a minute, gun pointed at me. My life could be over in only 30 seconds. Then Katniss would still be in danger. So I start my climb back up when an arrow goes into Snows in the hand that held the gun, and it drops to the ground below me. I look and see Katniss has her now and arrows again instead of Glimmer. I jump the rest of the way to the ground, my arm is killing now and I can actually see the bone a little. Katniss rushes to me and lifts my head of the ground.
"Are you okay?" I ask her.
"I'm fine. We need to get you looked at." She says and that's when I notice her black eye.
"What did he do to you?" I ask touching her eyes softly.
"Don't worry about that right now." Then I hear sirens. "Help is almost here. you will be okay." She says.
"Katniss I'm sorry. For what I said. I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry Katniss."
"Peeta, that's Behind us." She says and everyone else comes over.
"We are going to have to carry him." Finnick says.
"I can walk." Then I see a deep cut in my good leg.
"No. We will carry you." He says again. Katniss steps away though I don't want her to. Cato, Marvel, Finnick, and Gale pick me up, taking me back to the cars, and I see the awaiting ambulance.