Part Twenty Five: Going Back To College

Today is the day I've been dreading. Having to fly back to school. Leaving Prim and all my friends again. Leaving my boyfriend. That's what we decided. I'm not rue how I feel about it though. We decided to skype or FaceTime every night. I hope we do to stay in touch. Prim got an iPad so we decided to FaceTime too. I put my last bag in Peeta's truck, the one I will drive back to him, and I close the door. I turn around to my friends and family all standing there. I go to the girls first. Hugging them, thanking them for everything and telling them how much I will miss them. Tears are shed but what do you expect? Girls are emotional. Father that I go hug the guys goodbye. Cato and Marvel actually start crying. Not like the girls with their loud noises, but silent tears. I hug them both and kiss their cheeks. Then I go to Finnick.

"Hey there GodOfTheSea." I tease him about his Instagram name.

"That's Poseidon to you mortal." He says and wraps his big arms around me.

"I swear, if you never read Percy Jackson you wouldn't be that obsessed with the Poseidon thing." I say.

"Yeah but I did read it and now I am." He let's go of me and reaches in his pocket, pulling out sugar cubes.

"Would you like one now?" He asks. I take one and pop it in my mouth.

"Taste like your pocket." I say.

"They were in a bag!"

"Whatever Finnick..." I sing the sentence. I hug him again.

"I'm going to miss you. Don't send any water fountains to explode on me okay?" He laughs.

"Promise." He let's go and I head to my family. Mom first.

"Look, in sorry about back at the hospital. But everything is good now right?" I ask and she starts crying. Her baby is going back to college. Second year and I'm only 17. This is crazy for her.

"Of course." She hugs me and I slowly allow myself to hug her back and feel her comfort. Then I pull away.

"Prim?" I say. She peaks around my mom and jumps into my arms, I pick her up. She nestles her face into the crook of my neck and she starts crying.

"Hey, be happy. I will be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas." I say.

"Yeah I know. And you already promised we would FaceTime. So it's better than last year." She says and I set her down.

"I'll miss you." She says.

"Oh like I won't miss you?" I say. Sisters. We can be such smart asses with each other. Then I look at my uncle. Uncle Haymitch, who is almost always drunk is actually sober now. Who is in some old, gross t shirt had a clean button down. Haymitch actually got cleaned up for me. I feel honored.

"We are very proud of you sweetheart." I hug him. "Take care." He whispers In My ear.

"I will." I release his hug an look at everyone waiting by Peeta's truck.

"Guess this is it." I say to them. I notice Gale isn't here. But then his car pulls in with someone in the passenger seat. Out comes my closest friend Madge.

"Madge." I say before running and meeting her halfway. We wrap our arms around each other.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, you were leaving and I wanted to say bye."

"But last time we talked you were im going to be in Australia all summer!" (That's for you Alycia!;))

"I was but I made my parents come back early. Gale just picked me up from the airport." She releases my hug.

"I'm so glad you are here." I say.