Part Nineteen: Explaining

"Guys, it just kind if happened." I say.
"No it didn't. It couldn't have. Explain yourself Katniss." Finnicks says wriggling his eye brows.
"Finn, shut up." I snap and he stops.
"It just, it happened last night. We got stuck in the storm so we sated in the little lake house. We were wet and completely freezing.I had prepared for times when I would need to stay in the house while huntin or something, so I had some supplies. I started a fire and got out the sleeping bag with pillow. There was only one and I tried to give them to Peeta but he wouldn't except. Instead..." I debate saying the next part because of Gale, but I have to. They want the truth.
"We both got in the sleeping bag. We tried to get warm but it was hard. He ended up leaving the sleeping bag to get my feet warm. After he did, he asked me if I was serious last night when we were talking in the tree. Which I guess the guys never actually heard." I say and Glimmer decides to take over.
"They both confessed to not liking each other." She says simply.
"Right. Well, he asked me I I was serious and I told him I wasn't sure. I didn't know how I felt about Gale and what he said. So I turned the question on him. That's when you could say I became his girlfriend. He told me he was lying and that he has liked me ever since I went to the college. He went in ranting about stuff and I was getting confused, finding no point in making him talk about something that would get him upset so I kissed him to stop him. So we spent the night in the sleeping bag together until we heard you guys coming." I finish hoping they would be satisfied with that amount of personal information. Of course the girls aren't. They grab me and pull me down the hallway into my room.
"How was the kiss?" Annie says.
"When you say you spent the night with him, does that mean that you two had sex?" Jo says.
"What about Gale?" Clove says.
"Can I plan your wedding?" Glim asks. I start pointing fingers. First to Annie.
"It was a nice kiss." Then to Jo.
"I didn't sleep with him, though I wouldn't mind it." I wink then point to Clove.
"I have no clue what to do." The. To Glimmer.
"We are dating now, a long ways away from a wedding. He may not even wake up." Wrong thing to say because I am snapped back to reality. Peeta is in a coma that he may never wake up from. He could die it saving me. That's when I start crying and the girls try to comfort me, not doing the best job of it. Only Peeta could do that, like when I would wake up with nightmares.
"I want to go back to his room." I say in a small voice. They all nod and we walk out if the door to find the guys. They see I'm crying and they must decide its time to go away. At his door, I stop.
"Can I go in by myself?"
"Yes. We will be in the cafeteria with the guys. Do you want anything?" Annie asks. I shake my head and they leave. I open the door to see the doctor has left. Peeta lays on his bed with a soft beeping that is actually ringing through my ears. Why is this happening to him? It should have been me. No, it shouldn't have been anyone. I hate drunk drivers. I hope this guy realizes what he did. He probably walked away from this with only scratches. He is probably at home with his family an they are talking about how lucky he is to be alive. I go to Peeta and sit in the chair by his bed, taking his hand.
"Baby please wake up. I want you to wake up. I don't know what I would do without you Peeta." I kiss his hand.
"I will find whoever did this to you." I promise but all he does is sit there. I can feel the tears slide down my cheeks. I will find that drunk for him, but mostly for myself. Peeta isn't one to want revenge.