24: Nerves*

Harry's POV
Hailey wanted kids. With the way she reacted at my mother's, I thought that was the last thing she wanted, but I had always wanted kids. I was a little upset with my mum for being so blunt about the subject, although it was a valid question to raise. We were trying to get pregnant. Well, not exactly, "trying." More like, getting lazier with our birth control methods. Hailey was off the pill, had been for two weeks now. "Well?" I asked. "Negative." She sighed, reading the home pregnancy test. "Damn." I stated. I rubbed my hands from her shoulders to her elbows as we stood in front of the mirror in our bathroom. "It'll happen, when it happens." I told her.

"I know." She smiled softly up at me. "Until then, we'll just keep trying." I whispered in her ear, kissing just below it. She giggled and turned around in my arms, facing me. She ran two fingers down my lips and stood on her toes, bringing her lips to mine. I ran my hands down her back, one hand resting on her waist, the other cupping her bum. She brought her leg up, thigh resting on my hip. I lifted her up and carried her into our bedroom, dropping her on the bed with a soft thud. She ran her hand under my shirt and I pulled on the hem of her dress. "Harry." She whispered. "Mm?" I hummed as I kissed her stomach.

She undid my pants and slipped her hand inside, palming me through my boxers. "Ohh, Jesus. Hailey." I moaned. She chuckled as she brought her lips to my neck. "I love you so much." She said against my skin. "I love you too." I replied as finally pulled her dress over her head. She had on a violet, lace bra and matching lace boy shorts underneath. Boy shorts, Hailey thought were more comfortable than bikini cut panties. I yanked her panties down her legs and she giggled. "Someone's in a hurry." She teased. "Honey, if I were really in a hurry, I woulda just ripped them off." I smirked. "Just kiss me, sexy man." She said grabbing me by the back of my neck and pulling my lips to hers.

I pulled away two minutes later, taking off my shirt and carelessly tossing it away. She ran her hands over my chest, pressing her palms flat against my pectorals. She pulled my jeans off then, and I undid her bra, disregarding it along with my boxers. Her head fell back as I pushed inside her. "Oh fuck, Harry." She moaned. "God, you're tight." I groaned. She ran her hands down my back, obviously leaving scratches. "Harry. Oh God, yeah." She moaned, as I thrust in and out of her. "Hailey, baby. I love you so much." I said as I sucked a love bite into her collarbone. "I love you too, Harry. So much. Feels so good, baby." She moaned for me.

"I know, sweetheart. God, I'm so close." I warned her. "Me too, babe." She said as she bit her bottom lip. She climaxed soon after that and so did I. I withdrew from her and rolled over beside her. "God, you're so good." She giggled. "So are you, beautiful." I smiled, pulling her against me and kissing her temple. "I love you." She smiled up at me. "I love you too, babe." I said. *****
"I don't understand how I'm not pregnant, yet." She said, later that night. "Well, babe, sometimes these things take time. Not everyone gets pregnant right away." I reasoned as I was washing the dishes for dinner earlier. "I know that. I'm just starting to worry." She said as dried off the wet plate I handed her.

"Baby, you've only been off the pill, a little over two weeks now. It's probably gonna be a bit longer than you want it to be, before you get pregnant. You shouldn't start worrying so soon." I replied. "I guess. But, what if I can't get pregnant? What if I can't give you a baby?" She questioned looking at me. "Hey," I said as I dried my wet hands with a dish towel. I pulled Hailey into a hug. "Don't think that way. We'll have a baby. Don't doubt that. It's just gonna take more time. And, if you can't get pregnant, that's a huge if. But, if it can't happen, we'll work it out when we come to it." I told her.

"Okay." She sighed. I placed my hand on her waist and tilted her chin up so she looked into my eyes. "I love you, no matter what. Whether we have a baby or we don't have a baby. Either way, I'm not leaving your side. I promise." I smiled at her, kissing her forehead. "I love you too, Harry." She smiled up at me as I pulled back a bit. "Relax, alright? Give it time. It'll happen." I whispered. Hailey nodded. "I'm sorry, I'm worried about it. I'm just, excited...and nervous." She admitted. "I am too babe. Very nervous. And, very excited." I responded. "You're nervous?" She questioned.

"Of course, I'm nervous. I've never had kids before. So, the thought of becoming a dad for the first time, it's a little scary. But, yes. I'm really excited." I nodded. She stood on her toes and brought her lips to mine. I took both her hands in mine and kissed her back. She pulled back slightly, "I love you, so much." She whispered. "I love you too, baby girl." I responded. "C'mere, I wanna show you something." I said pulling her upstairs. She giggled. "If you're gonna show me what's in your pants, I've seen it honey. I've already been impressed." She smirked. "No, it's not that, though I appreciate the sorta compliment." I replied. I took her into one of the spare rooms upstairs and she cooed. I had bought just a few baby things and put them in this room.

This was the room we agreed would be the nursery. I had bought and assembled a crib, though it didn't have any sheets or anything because we didn't have a gender yet and there were a few stuffed animals around the room. Hailey picked up one of the teddy bears around the room and squeezed it to her chest. "Harry, it's lovely." She said softly. "I thought you would like it." I whispered into her ear as I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. "I really want a baby." She said. "So, let's go to our bedroom and work on that." I smirked.