The New Girl (Ch. 1)

A/N: This is my first story i'll share on Wattpad.. So I hope you enjoy my awkwardness and such. o3o

***

Just murder me and get it over with. Anything but this.

"Don't cause trouble at school." Maya's mother eyed her.

"Try not to." Maya waved off, her thoughts washing away as she walked toward the front door.

"Hey," her mother started. Maya turned to her, making her side-braid whack her in the face. "I love you."

"Love you too." Maya smiled.

"Take off your leather jacket. It makes you look dark." her mother added, looking at her jacket, then the rest of her outfit. Maya's smile fell. The queen of darkness basically washed over her again.

"Bye, mom." Maya rolled her eyes and went out to her car. Maya made it to school. It was her first day, but for everyone else, they were 2 months in. Maya got her black Jansport backpack and her white binder out. She closed her car door and locked it. She got her schedule and textbooks. "Time for hell..." She whispered to herself.

Once she got to her locker, the hallways started to fill. She put in her textbooks she didn't need now. Right when she slammed the locker shut, a boy was in his locker. It was just one locker away. "New girl, huh?" He asked. "Never seen you around here."

"How cliche." Maya rolled her eyes and started walking away. He slammed his locker shut and caught up to her as she put her stuff into her bag.

"Do you even know who I am?" He asked. She looked up at him. He was kinda cute... She pushed that thought away and realized how his looks could affect someone easily. But really, Maya has never seen such a face that mixed with unique, bad boy, and every other guy in the world.

She talked slow. "You're a jerk who is a player. Am I correct?" and then she started speed walking. He laughed darkly and caught up to her again.

"So, what got you that idea?"

"Leave me alone, all right?" She asked, avoiding his eyes.

"I'm just trying to get to know the fresh meat." The boy snickered.

Maya turned around and pushed him against the locker. A few people fell silent and looked at them. He smirked as if he had all the power in the world.

"Look, will you just quit bothering me? I'm trying my best to not be a bitch to people like you. Fresh starts, you know?"

"Fine, have it your way. But this isn't over." The boy whispered. Maya started walking again, but his words stopped her for a second. "Love the first impression, lemon."

Maya didn't look back at him. Instead she whispered to herself, "Lemon?"

And so Maya sped off to her first class once she heard the bell ring. Once class started, the teacher pulled her aside as the room filled up with her soon-to-be classmates. "Class, this is Maya. She's new here. Now give her respect, and we'll go around to room telling her our names."

"Ugh, not one of these classes..." she thought.

"I'm Tray..." One guy said.

"Madison."

"Nick." And so on. Until it got to the boy who Maya ran into in the hall.

"Colton." He winked. Maya clenched her fists. God, she hated him.

"Raya." A girl said with a bright smile. Then the rest of the students went on.

"Well, you can go sit next to... Raya." The teacher said. Raya raised her hand to let her know where she was. Maya walked over and sat next to her as everyone stared at her, but went back to their business. "So, Maya... Do you have any special talents?"

"Not that I know of. My mom tells me I can be a complete bi-" Maya tried to go on, but remembered that it was a classroom.

"A what?" the teacher asked.

"Never mind. I suck at everything." Maya waved off, then put her backpack on the back of her chair. Everyone laughed.

"I knew you sucked everything. I mean come on. Look at you." Colton said, his feet on the desk and him pointing at Maya. Everyone laughed at that statement. Maya stood up, ready to kick his ass, but the teacher interfered.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Maya, sit down. Colton, that is not appropriate in this classroom! For the hundredth time this week!" The teacher said, pressing her hands against her cheeks.

"Sorry, sorry. Continue. Maya you wanted to say something? Do something?" Colton asked, looking back at her. Maya shook her head and sat down.

"Damn, that little bitch..." Maya thought to herself. When the lesson started, Raya looked over at her from her seat.

"Hey, are you one of those bitchy popular kids?" Raya whispered.

"What?" Maya asked.

"Oh good. You're not. I could hear it in your voice. Anyway, I'm Raya. I sing.. Dance.. For real, what can you do?" Raya listed. Maya gave her a confused look and opened her mouth to answer, but a little birdy spoke before her.

"Oh, Ms. Teacher Lady! I see two students not paying attention to your lesson!" Colton announced, then pointed to Maya and Raya. "Little Lemon and Raya over there are not listening."

"Ladies! Pay attention. Now you two wouldn't want to get detention on Maya's first day, would you?" The teacher asked. "And Colton, I have a name."

"Sorry, I'm bad with names." Colton smirked as he adjusted his legs on his desk. Maya gave Colton the death stare and Colton winked  as he kept his position.

"Sorry, we'll pay attention." Maya said, ignoring Colton's distracting stares. The teacher went on with the lesson.

Lunch finally came around and Maya was sitting by her locker, listening to music. She's always had this way with music. Someday she wants to date a guy who plays music, someone she can relate to and write songs with. Currently her favorite band was All Time Low and she was listening to 'Stella', singing along to the lyrics and putting together the meaning of the song. 

But all hell broke loose when her earbuds were pulled out.

***

A/N: Oooooh I wonder who the music killer is! o: Also, listen to the song on the side to know what "Stella" really is. (; <3 I LUURRVVE IT ;D

-

Update: Its July 2016 and I'm rereading this all when I wrote this in 6th grade and I CRINGE so I'm making some changes to the dialogue and whatnot because i was so cliCHE AND GROSS