He's Not My Boyfriend (Ch. 17)

Oh yes, the past can hurt,

but you can either run from it,

or learn from it.

-The Lion King

~

Maya woke up. She tried to stretch, but Colton's hand was gripping onto Maya's wrist. She stretched out the left side of her body. She turned her head to Colton, who was still asleep with his mouth partly opened, and his head was very close to Maya's to the point that their foreheads could touch. His ear bud was falling out of his ear, and his phone was vibrating from all his notifications and texts. Maya totally forgot he was popular. Maya's phone started to vibrate as well.

She picked up her phone from next to her and looked at a reminder. "New Job Today".

"Shit.." She mumbled, then sat up. She shook Colton's hand off hers, and he opened one eye.

"You look worried, lemon." he said with a groggily voice.

"God, that's sexy..." Maya thought.

"I have to start my new job today in an hour." Maya said.

"It's a Monday. Shouldn't they think you're in school?" Colton asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Raya told our boss we had a day off today."

"Where do you work?"

Maya bit her lip, hesitating to tell him. "Victoria's Secret."

His eyes widened. "So you work as a model there?"

Maya could almost feel her blushing. "No, I'm actually an organizer. And you better not come in while it's my shift."

"You just got me an idea, and an excuse to go in that store," he winked, "In the mall?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll be seeing you more often."

Maya rolled her eyes. She thought he was joking. "I need to go. Thanks for the awesome night. You really helped out a lot." 

"Just remember to talk to your mom, please." Colton said, then put his hands over his face, rubbing it slowly like a distressed dad.

"I will. And you talk to your parents." Maya nodded.

 Later, Maya left and got ready for work. As she had a quick breakfast at home, her mom walked into the room.

 "Mom?" Maya asked. Her mom looked over with a dark look. That scared Maya a little bit, so she spoke softly, "I'm sorry for what I did. It was immature and selfish... I was over at Kendal's place to think about it, so I've came to the conclusion to say that what I did was wrong."

"I'm sorry, too, princess. I never should have brought up your father like that. How will I make it up to you?" she asked, her face softening.

"A mommy and daughter night." Maya replied simply.

"When?"

"Whenever. I need to go to work. I'll see you later."

And off she went to her new job. Raya was already stocking drawers and Maya was next to her, organizing them.

"I hate this music." Maya shivered.

"It's great music! Christina Aguilera and Pitbull did an amazing job with this song." Raya said loudly.

"It's a remake. The chorus is a snippet from a song in the 70s." Maya said.

"You're so into the whole emo music. I don't see what's so amazing about it."