The Party (Ch. 4)

Maya ran through the empty hallways. The bell had already rung about 10 minutes ago.

"Shit.. I'm going to be late!" She panicked to herself. She opened her first period class and everyone fell silent and looked at her.

"Uh... S-sorry i'm late. M-my dog got l-lost." Maya stuttered. Maya over slept.

"You're late, Miss Storm. I'll let you off this time since it's your second day. Take a seat." The teacher ordered. Maya nodded and did as she was told.

Raya looked over at Maya as the teacher went on with her lesson. "Why were you late?"

"I over slept." Maya replied, keeping her eyes on the teacher.

"Why were you stuttering?" Raya asked.

"I'm not used to this many people staring at me when on the spotlight. This one time in 3rd grade I was in a play and I broke down crying in front of everyone when it was my turn. There, you learned something about me."

"That sucks." Raya said. Maya rolled her eyes and for some reason, she felt uncomfortable.

Maya tried sitting different ways in her seat. Nope. Nope. Nope. None of it worked. Maya bit her lip and felt tension coming from her right. She looked over and saw Quinton staring at her. Hm. Even though a cute boy was staring at her, she didn't really feel attracted to any part of it. So, she turned her attention back to the teacher.

After class, Maya tried to avoid Colton. Not because of what happened the night before. It was because he was annoying. Maya didn't find him appealing at all. "I don't even know why like every girl in the school likes this guy." Maya thought.

Maya started to go to her next period, but someone stopped her. Quinton.

"Hey...." Quinton said.

"So you forgot my name?" Maya asked.

"Um... No." Quinton shook his head.

Maya sighed. "It's Maya."

"Maya! I knew that! It was on the tip of my tongue!" Quinton replied quickly.

Maya rolled her eyes. "Okay, what do you want, dirtbag?"

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out today. Theres a party tonight at my place?" Quinton asked.

Maya knew where this was going. He was gonna play her afterwords. She wanted him to be humiliated. Maya smirked. "Sure."

"Oh.. Okay, cool! Give me your number." Quinton smiled. They exchanged numbers and Maya felt a bubbly joy coming from her stomach. Excitement. Something to do.

"So I'll call you after school?" Quinton asked.

"Sure. Awesome. Spectacular." Maya smiled brightly.

"Um.. Okay?" Quinton said, then Maya walked away.

"What a douche." Maya laughed to herself.

It was lunch. Colton sat at the table with his friends. Quinton in front of him, Tray by his side, Britt on his other side, and some other friends.

Colton yawned, but interrupting it, Britt pulled him in and kissed him. Colton pushed her away.

"Not now, babe." Colton said. They knew that Colton was using her, and they knew she was a bitch.

"Fine." Britt crossed her arms. Then out of the blue, Maya sat next to Quinton.

"No one invited you to sit here." Britt said, squinting her eyes. Her blonde hair flew into Colton's face and Colton brushed it off him with an annoyed look.