Troublemaker (Ch. 29)

Therapy

I'm a walking travesty,

but i'm smiling at everything.

Therapy

you were never a friend to me,

but you can keep all your misery.

-Therapy, All Time Low

~

Maya slammed her car door and started walking in school. She put her earbuds in and listened to a random album of All Time Low. She walked to her locker and put the stuff she needed in her backpack. She wanted to see Colton, but he was nowhere to be found.

Later, the bell rang for class. Everyone took their seats. Maya looked over to where Colton would usually sit, but he wasn't there. Hm...

"I want all of you to go around and work with three or less partners. I repeat, three or less. Not four or five, but three or less." the teacher ordered as everyone gave their friends a smile. The door opened.

Colton walked through and everyone stared at him. "Hi." he said with a grin. Some of the girls around the room exchanged whispers and giggles. Oh, brother.

"Why are you late?" the teacher asked.

"I kinda overslept." Colton bit his lip.

"Kinda." a kid mocked in a goofy voice.

Everyone laughed. Colton gave the class one of his 'i'll beat you if you continue' looks. Everyone fell silent.

"You have lunch detention today." the teacher said, signing a paper. As she did it, Colton looked at the class and rolled his eyes. Everyone laughed at that again. Maya just grinned a little. She gave him the paper. "Go sit down."

Colton walked past Maya. She looked up at him and said, "You missed a lot of notes."

Colton chuckled. "I don't care."

When he sat down, the teacher put her hands together. "Can someone summarize the lesson to Colton for a few minutes with their notes?"

Maya raised her hand, along with many other people. Most were girls. Big breasted, blonde, heavy makeup, crop top and short skirt and shorts girls. The teacher picked on one of those girls. Colton looked at Maya with a disappointed expression.

As the girl walked up to Colton to pull up a chair and sit in front of him, he raised his hand. "Can Maya do it for me?"

"You guys are just going to goof off." the girl said.

"She's right." the teacher agreed.

Colton rolled his eyes and tapped his pencil on his notebook. She sat in front of him, leaning in close as she pointed to her paper or read to him.

"Okay, you may all partner up." the teacher said. Everyone raced around the room, suddenly causing a lot of noise.

Maya stood up, staring at Colton and the busty girl. Raya walked up to Maya, punching her gently on the arm. "She's got your man."

Maya had already told Raya about it that night when it happened. She took it easy. Maya nodded. "I swear, if she does anything, i'll rip her brains out." Maya realized Colton was staring at her, not listening to the girl. Colton winked at her and she felt her cheeks warm up.

The girl put her hand on Colton's chin and made him look at the paper. At Maya's prospective, it looked like she was actually making him look at her breasts, rather than the paper below them. Oh, hell no.