Motherhood (Ch. 23)

Your mom will always be

your first best friend.

~

A/N: If you're confused and don't remember, that's Kendal to the side.

***

It was 7:00 PM. Time flew by fast. Maya spent all day in bed watching Disney movies on Netflix, eating, or sleeping.

Her mom called her down, so she did what she said. Maya came downstairs and sat on the couch next to her mom, who set up a movie. Forrest Gump.

"Your father and I would watch this all the time when you were in bed." she said with a sad smile.

"I've only seen part of the movie. I didn't really understand it back then, though." Maya said.

"Its tragic, and humorous. You'll get a good laugh out of it at some point." her mom said.

After the movie, they talked.

"Hows school going?" she asked.

"Good." Maya nodded.

There was a silence, and her mom spoke. "Sweetheart, Colton is a good boy and I approve him."

Maya gave her a look. "Our friendship isn't working out."

"Just because of the whole love thing? Moving on is the best thing you can do so your past wont haunt you."

"You're right, but what if something bad happens?"

"Daniel isn't going to fly across the country and beat him up. I bet he moved on, too."

Maya shook her head. He probably did move on, but he used her. That's another reason why she was afraid of dating Colton.

He kissed her roughly, almost too violent. Maya trying to push back. He held her shoulders, pushing her whole body against his room wall. Maya pushed him back, and he finally broke the kiss.

"Danny, I'm afraid you're going to go a little too far..." Maya whispered.

"Maya, I want you." Daniel mumbled as his upper lip touched her lower one. He went in for another kiss, holding her tighter this time.

Maya pushed him, but he kept his grip strong. He wrapped his arms around her, pushing her down on the bed as he followed. Maya struggled to get him off of her. His weight was crushing her, and she could barley breathe because of that, at the way he never gave her a chance to breathe when his lips were attached to hers. He lifted up her shirt, and Maya bit his lower lip almost to the point where he could draw blood. He pulled away, yelping in pain.

"What the hell, Maya?" he yelled, and grabbed her wrists and pinning her down on the bed.

"Stop, Daniel!" Maya yelled.

"For the last time, Maya. Make me happy." he groaned.

"I already don't make you happy?" Maya asked, raising her voice even more.

"Shh..." he hushed, and kissed her neck. Maya lifted up her knee, fast, hitting him in the crotch. He yelped even louder, this time he fell off the bed, holding his groin.

"Leave me alone!" Maya screamed, running out of his room after taking her belongings.

After a few days, he came to apologize. Then she forgave him. But everything ended when he cheated on Maya the second time.

 "Maya?" her mom asked, snapping her out of it.

Maya nodded. "He probably did."

"I think you should go out with him. He seems like a charming guy."

"He is, it's just..." Maya started, "he wants me to be his girlfriend. He's trying way too hard."

"Then let him relax by going out with him Just one date." her mom suggested.

"Why are you making me do this?"

"Because I want you to be happy. I want you to move on."

Her mom was right. She already had her dad die, and she doesn't want to suffer from her past, not trusting anyone to date her so she could end up forever alone. This boy wanted her. He needed her. He actually cared for her.

Maya nodded.

The next day, Maya was working.  "I want you and Raya to organize again. This time, in the lotion section." their boss said.

A few minutes passed by. "You look a little down." Raya said.

"I'm not."

"I know a girl whose depressed when I see one."

Maya shook her head. "Ray, we have to work."

Raya shook her head and took the lotion bottles from Maya's hands. "Tell me whats the matter."

"You wouldn't care because you would want Colton to yourself."

"Maya, he's never going to like me. It's your life, I mean.. I'm not going to control who you should like." Raya explained, putting the lotions on the shelf. "What's the problem?"

Maya explained everything. Raya nodded and said, "You should go out with him."

"I think I-" Maya started, but a voice interrupted her.

"Maya!" the voice called.

Maya looked around, searching for the voice.

"Maya!" It called again.

Maya turned around and saw Kendal standing there. She was in her pajama shorts, and a plain tshirt. "Maya, I can't stand this anymore."

"Wait, what?" Maya asked.

"Look, I know you don't want to see Colton right now, but he's being a total fuck up." Kendal said.

Maya raised her eyebrow, and shook her head. "What do you mean?"

"He's a mess. He feels horrible for what he's done, so he's been in his bed all day playing guitar, sleeping or watching TV." Kendal explained.

Maya put her hand over her mouth and exchanged a look with Raya. She looked back at Colton's little sister. "First off, i'm sorry for what I did... Shoving you past me as I ran out the door and yelling at you. I was just really stressed out."

"Apology accepted 100%. The only thing i'm worried about is my brother. He's never been this way, especially over a person ever since mom died." Kendal gave her a sad smile.

"I need to talk to him." Maya said.

***

A/N: Thanks for the support! Leave comments, they make me feel warm and fuzzy. xD