Nightmares (Ch. 22)

When overwhelming sadness

comes rushing in,

I miss you the most.

I need to talk to you.

I need you.

~

Colton walked downstairs after a while. Tray, and another guys came over. "Hey! Where have you been?" Tray asked.

"Upstairs for a while." Colon replied.

"Banging?"

"No."

"Speaking of banging, I met this one girl. She's in college, very hot. I decided to hook her up with you. She's blonde, nice curves, big rack, I mean... I could go on, man." Tray listed.

Colton suddenly felt a disgusted feeling. "I'll pass."

"Geez, man what has gotten into you? You were into a good time whenever I found you someone. You've changed ever since the hot one came along."

"Maya?"

"That's it," Tray nodded. "I think you should do her."

"W-what do you mean?" Colton asked, furrowing his brows and crossing his arms over is chest in a defensive way.

"You know.. What you do with every girl. Why would you even ask such a stupid question?" Tray asked.

"No, no, no... Tray, I actually like this girl." Colton said.

"Colton Adams likes a girl?" Tray asked, sounding surprised. Colton raised his eyebrow and Tray rolled his eyes, "Speaking of girls, Britt is in your house. She was caught by us making out with Quinten."

"Like I give a single fuck." Colton yelled.

"Colton!" Britt yelled from the distance.

"That's our cue." Tray whispered, hitting Colton with his red cup full of beer and walking away when the blonde haired girl  approached them.

Britt took Tray's place. She was wearing, what Colton assumed, a slutty bunny costume. "Colton." she greeted.

"Why are you here? You weren't invited."

"Pa-lease. Every party is a free invitation."

"But this one wasn't meant for you, so you should probably go."

"My ride is with Quinten. We're going out now." Britt said, and Colton took a glance behind her. Quinten was on the couch making out with some other girl, who seemed to be dressed as a witch.

Colton forced a smile and looked at her. "And I totally respect you for dating him." Colton wasn't jealous. He never even cared about her. The only person he could focus on at that moment was Maya.

"Really?" Britt asked.

"Yeah..." Colton said, then bit his lip.

Britt's face almost turned red. "Colton! Take me back!" Britt screamed, and a few people turned to look at them.

"No way. I like another girl." Colton said, then turned around. Britt grabbed his arm and pulled him toward her.

"Another," she gripped his arm tighter, "Girl?"

"Life is when you move on to the next person if someone doesn't work out. That's exactly what I'm doing, and you're not following along." Colton explained, not even looking at her.