The Date (Ch. 25)

You weren't just a star to me,

you were the whole damn sky.

~

 They got out of the car and walked to a spot in the park. He guided her to a specific area. It was under a tree. Then she realized.

It was where they first had a full conversation on the day they met. Colton bit his lip and took her hand. They got under the tree and Colton set up a blanket.

"This was really sweet. I mean, this is the perfect spot." Maya said.

"You know why?" he asked.

"I do." Maya nodded.

They sat on the blanket and Colton took the food out of a little basket he brought with him. They started eating as they talked, laughed, and teased each other. A few minutes later, Colton pulled one of his guitars from behind him and put it on his lap. He put his hands in position and Maya stared at him as she slowly ate her sandwich. Colton probably made them because they weren't as good, but they were fine.

"I want to play you a song." Colton stated.

"Mkay.. I can see that." Maya said, gesturing to his guitar.

"What do you want me to play?" he asked.

Maya shrugged, so he just started playing Therapy by All Time Low.

"Oh, Colton. This song is so depressing." Maya said.

"Fine." Colton pouted. He looked up at the sky and looked back at her. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine."

Maya put her hand on her forehead. "You make me happy, when skies are grey."

"I was talking about a more modern song? Fit for our age?" Maya suggested.

"All the songs these days are shit." Colton laughed. Maya grinned and looked down at her dress. Colton leaned over and put his hand under her chin, lifting her head up so she could look at him. "Do you like me?"

Maya stared at him for a second and said, "What if I say I do?"

"I don't know." Colton shrugged his shoulders and dropped his hand.

 Maya closed her eyes with a smirk and nodded. "I do."

"And I feel the same way." Colton grinned and strummed a chord.

It was 5:00 PM. Colton walked Maya to her doorstep.

"I actually think we should do this another time." Maya said.

"Really? So I did good?" Colton asked, sounding relieved.

"Mhm." Maya nodded, and stared at him. She wanted to kiss him so badly. He was right there. Just get on your toes, lean in, and press your lips against his. Colton interrupted her thoughts by leaning in slowly.

His cheek brushed against hers for a second, and she could feel his breath on her ear. He whispered huskily, "I don't kiss on the first date."

"You're killing me here, Colton." Maya whispered.

"I'm going to make you feel what I felt before." she could feel him smiling through his hushed words. "Get inside. It's getting cold."

"No." Maya shook her head. This was torture.

Colton closed his eyes and gently rubbed his nose against her cheek. Maya put her hand on Colton's but he just shook it off. A few seconds later, he pecked her cheek softly, and so sweetly. "Go."

He backed away and Maya wrinkled her nose. She hated how dramatic he was and how much he teased her that moment. But she deserved it, and she knew it. He took her hand and twirled her around once. He wrapped her in his arms and he opened her front door with his free hand. He gently pushed her in. "I just don't want you to freeze your ass off out here."

"I'm so gonna get you." Maya groaned.

"Later, lemon." Colton said once he turned around. He started to walk to his truck. Maya shut her door.

***

A/N: I know this was a short chapter... But i'm at my friend's house. I'll write more soon, maybe later tonight. c: