A Day With Colton (Ch. 27)

I gotta say, I wasn't expecting you

to come this way

and fall into my arms

-Kiss Me Again, We Are The In Crowd

~

Colton looked at the clock on the wall. It was 6:00 AM. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his towel.

It was Saturday, the day before guitar lessons. He opened the doors to the gym and walked out. He drove home, took a shower, and got ready for the day. He looked at himself in the mirror as he put on his white t-shirt, and his flannel over it. He left it unbuttoned. When he put it on, he sighed.

"You look great." he said. He gulped and shook his head. "I need to stop talking to myself."

He sat on his bed and looked at his lap. "What to do, what to do," he repeated, "she deserves something. Something valuable."

Colton lay down. He ran his hands through his hair, then looked up at his wall. "A guitar. An electric," he whispered, "I have the money. I could do it."

He sat up and grabbed his phone. He scrolled through over 100 contacts, and found Tray's number. He called him. Tray picked up after a few rings.

"Colton.. Why the hell are you calling me at 6 in the morning on a Saturday?" Tray asked, his voice still groggily.

"Sorry. I want you to come downtown with me to Guitar Center. They have thousands of selections of guitars there, and I need your help to choose which one should be the best for Maya." Colton explained.

"What makes you think I could be the best at choosing?" Tray asked.

"You've got more of a woman taste." Colton smirked.

Tray hung up. Colton laughed out loud. A few seconds later, he got a text from him.

Whatever. You're an ass. I'll come over at 7. -Tray

You're a wuss. -Colton

Colton locked his phone and put it in his back pocket. He got up and walked out of his room. He walked past Kendal's room, the wood underneath his feet creaking. He trotted downstairs. His feet made a loud stomping noise, causing Kendal to open her door.

"Colton! It's early! For once can you just sleep in?" Kendal asked.

"I have things to do today." Colton replied.

Kendal leaned against the door. "What kind of things?"

"Is that any of your business?" Colton asked.

"Tell me what it is." Kendal demanded.

"You're going to tell Maya about it." Colton said, his voice getting stiff.

"Oh, this is about Maya! Colton, just tell me. I swear I wont tell her." Kendal begged.

Colton sighed. "I'm going out shopping for a guitar for her. She deserves a new one. She's been doing to well with the lessons, plus she's been a great advisor to me. I have to repay her back," Colton went on, "now that you know, you have to help me pick out the perfect one."

Kendal squealed. "Ohmygosh! That's so cute, Colton! I never knew you had such a heart! Weren't you saving up to buy that really expensive guitar?"

"I don't need it." Colton sighed.

"Colton!" Kendal said in a whining tone, but her heart warming up. "All right, i'm getting dressed."

Colton rolled his eyes and continued walking downstairs. He went to the kitchen and got out a pan. He took out eggs from the fridge, then started making them.