Halloween Party (Ch. 21)

We all make mistakes,

but we all deserve second chances.

~

"What are you going to be?" Colton asked through the phone.

"Nothing."

"Oh, so it's a surprise?" she could feel Colton grinning through the phone.

"Really i'm not being anyone." Maya clarified.

"Aw, what? Be festive!" Colton cheered.

Maya hung up her phone and put it in her back pocket. She decided to make a quick and easy outfit.

She put her hair in two loose, messy braids. She wore a black crop top, grey skinny jeans, white star earrings, eyeliner, and converse. Finally, she wore a grey Jansport backpack. She walked out of her room and trotted downstairs.

"Where are you going?" her mom asked.

"The Halloween party Colton invited me to." Maya replied.

"You look so cute! Let me take a picture!"

"Mom, no."

"All right. Well, i'm going out with Jackson tonight." her mom said.

Maya paused then said, "Okay. Have fun."

Maya walked out of her house and to her car. She was fine with him dating her mom, as long as he doesn't hurt her in any way.

Maya knocked on the Adams' door, and Kendal answered. She was one of those sexy pirates.

"You look adorable! ...What are you?" Kendal asked.

"A skater." Maya replied, then walked in. No one was there yet because she was thirty minutes early. "Where's Colton?"

"He's getting some snacks. He's been gone for a while." Kendal said.

Right after she said that, the door swung opened. Colton was carrying four large bags. He closed the door with his foot and walked past the girls and put the bags in the kitchen.

"That's a shit ton of stuff, Colton!" Kendal yelled.

"You obviously haven't went to one of these parties. All the soda, beer, and chips run out in a heartbeat." Colton explained.

"Beer? Colton!  You said no beer at this party!" Kendal said.

"My house, my rules. Sandra and dad put me in charge." Colton said, and put the chips in the bowl.

"You going to get in your costume?" Kendal asked.

"Yeah, and I told you not to wear that costume. It's too revealing for someone your age." Colton yelled.

"My body, my rules." Kendal mimicked.

"That's different." Colton said. He put a few chips in his mouth and walked where the girls were. He stopped his tracks when he saw Maya. He spread out his arms, forming a shrugging look. "You said you weren't going to dress up! But hey, i'm not complaining. You look hot."

Maya frowned at him. He went on, "You know, wearing a nurse's outfit would be even better. Or a maid outfit. Those have to be my favorites. But a skater? I guess that's cool." he was talking still with his mouth full of chips.

"At least close your mouth when you talk." Maya said.

"Where's your skateboard?" Colton asked, leaning against the wall.