Tickle Me (Ch. 14)

Be careful to who you open up to,

only a few actually care,

the rest are just curious.

~

He smiled a little as he looked at her. Maya was sitting in front of him on his bed as a combination of tears and makeup fell down her face. "Tell me what's wrong, lemon." Colton said softly.

Maya sniffled and avoided his eyes. She sat in a different position, her knees against her chest as she hugged them. She rested her chin on her knees and finally looked at him. "My mom reminded me about my dad, then went off with another guy."

"Wait, wait, wait.. I don't understand." Colton said.

"We didn't have our night together. Instead she chose to go on a date with some asshole who looked like he wanted her for sex or something," Maya explained, "then she said that my dad was dead and she had to move on..."

"I mean... Moving on is the correct thing."

"But she said it in such a harsh way. She brought my dead father into this."

"You've got a point... If you feel this strong, regretful feeling toward this man, you should put a stop to it. She's you're mother. She should give every little fuck about you, and you should, too." Colton said.

Maya smiled. "If my dad were here and knew that I hung out with you, he'd ground me forever, then shoot you." 

"Lovely. Every dad feels that way. Why is there a difference, anyway? I'm just a guy. You're just a girl-"

"It's for many reasons. You gotta have trust, and you gotta know that the person actually cares. Getting your heart broken is the worst possible thing that could happen. I've been through it. Twice." Maya explained.

"You've had two serious relationships?" Colton asked.

"My dad was one of them. The other was my ex boyfriend back in Florida. I liked everything about him. He was funny, he was a badass, he was sweet at times... But he was a douche bag player. He cheated on me with some other girl who he didn't even know the name of. I gave him a second chance, and he blew it. He cheated on me again with a popular girl at my school. She was beautiful. Flawless, actually. So how could he not? She was better than me." Maya explained, pausing a bit after each sentence.

"I don't understand you girls. Thinking that others are better than you. You realize that you're popular at our school, right?" Colton asked. She met his eyes.

"I don't want to be popular. I don't want to be known as a slut.. What if we go on with this challenge and people will think that we actually hang out after school. Then they'll think i'm the slut that sleeps with you? I wouldn't want that happening." Maya said, then let go of her legs and let her feet fall onto his lap.

"They wouldn't believe that.  In fact, I could make anyone at that school believe what I say." Colton said.

"Now you're acting like a douche."

"It's what I do best."

Maya smiled. "Colton, I want to cancel the challenge.."

"Really?"

"It's gonna lead to problems, you know?" Maya asked.

He nodded. "Fine."

"I want a regular friendship with you. Nothing to force us into doing it." she explained.