Sleepover (Ch. 16)

Pantaphobia -

The fear of nothing.

~

"I'm leaving before this gets out of hand." Kendal said, then walked upstairs.

Maya looked back at Colton. "What makes you think that?"

"The way you just let me tower over you in the garage. No one would do that unless that person were their crush," he started, still staring at her with a devious, but sweet  smirk, "It was your comfort zone, and you were expecting a kiss."

Maya was silent for a moment, then she opened her mouth. "No."

"Nice response, loser." she thought.

"With that broad statement, I don't believe it one bit." he said, then held out his hand.

"I would never date you, like you said. You said that you would never date me, not even in a million years," Maya reminded him.

"Yes, but didn't I say it might change?" he asked.

"So you just admitted that you like me." Maya pointed out.

He smirked. "Clever, but you still don't have enough evidence for your little love case, lemon."

Maya blew the hair in front of her face. "Long story short, I do not like you."

"It just begun." he said, then got up. "What's better than watching a movie in pajamas?"

"Nothing." Maya replied, and followed his steps.

"Exactly. So I suggest you get dressed, and we're going to watch some Disney movies." Colton said, then pushed her gently. She turned around to face him, then poked his nose.

"Where is Colton? Did some sort of happiness and sweetness take over his body?" Maya asked.

"Remember that I can be nice at some times." Colton reminded. She stayed silent, remembering the time at the bar when he said that. "Go."

Maya started walking upstairs to steal some clothes from Kendal.

It was 7:00 and they were halfway through the movie. Maya sat close to Colton on his bed as Kendal was in front of them on her stomach, kicking her feet up and down as she ate the popcorn.

They were watching Lady and the Tramp. After, they watched Peter Pan. And in the middle of that movie, Kendal got up.

"I'm going to bed. Shopping got me tired, and I can't stay awake. Maya, come in my room whenever you want. I got the sleeping bag all set up for you." Kendal said, then walked out of the room.

"She's probably gonna make you sleep on the floor." Colton laughed.

After the movie, they were half asleep. Maya's head was on his hard, bare stomach, and Colton was playing with her hair a bit.

"What's your favorite animated movie?" Maya asked.

"Peter Pan," He replied, "How about you?"

"Shrek." Maya said.

He laughed. "Why?"

"Half of the time, it's Donkey," Maya smiled. "But the other half is the story. In other fairy tales, the princes and princesses are perfect. But in Shrek, it teaches us that even the imperfect people can still have happy endings."

Colton stayed silent, then spoke after a minute. "I didn't think about that, you sappy poet."

"Every movie has a lesson. Using Ogres was an amazing idea in a movie, but not many people understood the point of it." Maya explained.