Made Up My Mind (Ch. 20)

A/N: Everybody at school thought I was Robin Hood. -_-

Oh well.

***

I never wanted to be your

whole life--just your

favorite part.

~

Maya went to visit Janet. She sat down, drinking a Shirley Temple. Janet leaned against the table and said, "Sweetie, you look exhausted."

"You really want to know?"

"I do." Janet nodded.

"Don't you just hate rumors?" Maya asked after a while.

"Oh, not this."

"So you know, Colton and I had grown close together as friends. He decided to make a jackass move the other night, and he told Britt about it. Britt broke up with him, and she told her friends, which led to rumors." Maya explained.

"What was the rumor?"

"That I slept with Colton." Maya mumbled.

"Oh, goodness... California isn't really welcoming you, is it," Janet asked. Maya shook her head. "Give me a hug, sweetie."

Maya got out of her chair and walked around the counter, and hugged her. "It sucks to be the toy."

"I've been through a lot, too." Janet nodded, rubbing Maya's back. "Is Colton coming?"

"He just arrives when he wants... What do I do?"

"I need to know what the situation is before I answer that."

"The jackass move he did was kissing me after we went to the movies last night. The problem was that I'm afraid of dating again. And when he kissed me, Colton was still dating Britt." Maya explained. "He wants to get with me, but I don't know what to say."

"Follow your heart, sweetie, but take your brain with you." Janet said. Maya nodded.

"Thanks for cheering me up. I thought I could use you." Maya said.

Maya stayed for a while, expecting Colton to show up since she told him where she would be earlier. But he never came.

~

Maya sat on her bed, staring at 2 photo booth pictures. Her and her ex, her and Colton.

"I'm a drama queen. Just make up your stupid little mind." Maya whispered to herself.

She glanced at the clock. 7:30. She looked back at the pictures. She threw the picture of her ex and her, and put the picture of Colton and her on her wall.

She got back on her bed and picked up her phone. She scrolled through her contacts and found Colton's with his name and a silly face emoji next to it. She tapped on his name and texted him.

Can I come over to tell you something? -Maya

He responded quickly.

Anytime, lemon. (; What for? -Colton

I'll tell you. -Maya

Come on over. -Colton

She locked her phone and put it in her back pocket. She went out the door, and drove to Colton's house.

She knocked on the door and Kendal answered. "Hey!"