This is Awkward (Ch. 28)

'Cause right now could last forever

just as long as i'm with you.

-A Daydream Away, All Time Low

~

"I love you." he said.

"I love you, too." she smiled.

Wilson kissed Sandra's cheek, and walked out of the house. Kendal bit from her bread. "Man it would be cool to fall in love."

"Love is a beautiful thing, sweetie," Sandra said, walking toward Kendal, "it takes work to get there. And I know you and Colton aren't used to me yet. I understand that it takes time."

"Sandr- mom, thanks for understanding. Deep inside both of us, we love you to death. You're here for us when we need it, and you're there to support us." Kendal said.

"Oh, sweetie..." Sandra said, smiling. She walked around the island to hug Kendal. "You and Colton are  such blessings. Tell you what, me and you will have a day together. Also with Colton. You know, to try to get used to me more."

"You're going to have to ask Colton about that one, but i'm down." Kendal said.

"All right, then," Sandra grinned, "Where is he?"

"He's at the mall with his friends. He's probably going to visit Maya as well. I think he's getting a new skateboard, too." Kendal replied.

"Maya is so charming."

"She sure is. She's my best friend."

"What?" Maya shouted.

The only thing she could hear coming out of Raya's mouth from the distance was not even straight up muffled words.

"Well I can't hear you! The music is too loud!" Maya yelled.

Raya rolled her eyes and turned back around, organizing shelves. Maya was now the helper and greeter. Maya was doing a good job in work, so she got promoted. Raya just sat around, helping on occasion. She would even ask herself why she took the job. Right, to be with Maya.

Maya saw a lady that was in the store for a while. "May I help you with anything?"

"I can't find the bra size 40B." the woman said.

Maya walked to the drawers and opened one. "You're all set. If you need anything, just ask me." Maya smiled.

When she started to walk away, she rolled her eyes. A pair of arms wrapped around her from behind. "Looks like someone isn't having a very fun day."

"The people here are such assholes. We have eyes to see." Maya growled.

"At least you'll be seeing me later."

"That's the bright side of the day."

She could feel him grinning. "Yeah, well." he swayed her slowly side to side.

"Maya! Get back to work!" Kimberly ordered. Colton shot a look at Kimberly. "After you're done there. There are people waiting."

She walked away, her heels clinking on the ground.

Colton chuckled. "She's totally a cougar."

Maya chuckled with him. "I'll give you that one."

Colton sighed after a while. "I'm gonna let you work now. I just wanted to stop by and say hey."

"You didn't even say hi." Maya said.

"Hi."

"Hi."