Suspension (Ch. 30)

The only thing that matters in a relationship

is if the two partners love each other for themselves.

~

"Well, this is new." the principal said, and crossed her legs. She looked at Colton. "Hello again, Mr. Adams."

Colton licked his lips and looked around the room.

"Explain." the principal ordered.

Quinten and Britt explained everything on their side of the story, and Colton and Maya did the same on their side.

"In conclusion, the fact that they came up to us and insulted us wasn't the right thing, which caused all of this." Colton said.

The principal stared at them all. "Quinten and Colton, you are both suspended for a week."

"What?" the boys yelled.

"And girls... You have detention every day after school for one week as well. Starting Wednesday." the principal declared.

"What a bitch..." Britt mumbled.

"Make that two weeks for you, Stevens." the principal said. Britt's jaw dropped. "Boys, go to the nurse's office now. I'm calling all of your parents."

She gave them all passes.

They all walked out of her office. Without saying goodbye to Britt, Quinten walked to the nurse's office. Britt stomped to class, leaving both Colton and Maya in the empty hallway. The bell had already rung as they were in the office. Colton smiled down at Maya. "As much as I hate school, I don't want to be suspended. I can't live with not seeing you for seven hours everyday."

Maya gave him a sad smile. His eye was turning purple, which broke her heart. He puckered his lips. He had a cut on his lips, but she didn't care. She pecked him on the lips and he grinned. At least his smile was still beautiful.

"I'll see you soon, okay?" Colton asked, and Maya nodded.

He hugged her, then limped to the nurse's office. Maya sighed. That poor boy. He did it just to protect Maya. The things people do when they're in love.

Maya walked to her class. She handed the pass to the teacher and sat down.

Raya looked at Maya from across the room. She mouthed, "Where were you?"

Maya shook her head and listened to the lesson.

 "I can't believe you!" Nicole yelled.

"Don't be too mad! I mean... Colton did it to protect me. They called me such terrible things... So Colton couldn't take it, so he kinda went ape shit..." Maya explained.

"I'm calling the Adams." Nicole said.

Before she could grab the phone, it started ringing. The Adams.

Nicole picked it up, and started speaking in the sweetest tone. Ugh, moms. "Hello? Yes. I was about to call you, Sandra. Uh-huh. Yes. Yep. Okay. We'll be right there."

Nicole put the phone down and shivered. "We're going to their household."

"At least I get to see Colton." Maya thought.

Colton was sitting next to Maya. He had a black eye, and a scratch on his cheekbone. Wilson stared at his son, then at Maya. Back at his son. "Why did you do it?" Wilson asked.