Making Enemies (Ch. 5)

Even after that incident, the party went on. It's not like anyone really cared what Colton and Maya were up to anyway. They were just here for the booze and music. Colton ran out from inside the house and jumped into the pool with just his jeans, making his girlfriend scream in horror.

"Colton you're an asshole! You got my hair wet!" Britt shrieked .

Colton laughed and swam up to her. "Yeah, he's an idiot." Maya yelled out from the size of the pool. Britt gave her a dirty look, scoffing a little before looking back at her boyfriend.

"Babe, I need to talk to you." Britt said, pulling him away from Maya's direction.

"It's obvious that you're gonna talk about me." Maya called out. Britt rolled her eyes.

"I saw the way you were looking at her." Britt whispered loudly.

"What? I was not looking at her in any way." Colton said as he took the starfish position in the water.  He looked at her, one of his ears under water.

"God, you're hot..." Britt whispered.

"I have no choice but to agree with you." Colton mumbled, looking up at the night sky.

"Stay away from her!" Britt ordered.

"I have a deal with her. We have to sometimes talk to each other about it. I never break a deal, and you know that." Colton glared at her.

Britt smiled devilishly, biting her lip and inching closer to him, "Wanna make a deal and never break up?"

Colton nearly choked on some pool water but kept his cool by not responding, sticking his whole head in the water. "Ugh. You're such as asshole sometimes!" Britt yelled in his ear when his head came back up. Colton swam up properly.

"Just stay out of this." Colton rolled his eyes, then swam away. Britt screamed in frustration, splashing the water around her.

Colton got out of the water and stood behind Maya as they both stared at Britt who was still having a tantrum. "You've got quite the girlfriend."

"Tell me about it." Colton laughed.

There was a silence. "You gonna break up with her?"

"Eventually. She's a bitch. My wallet is almost empty because of her." Colton replied.

Britt stopped and looked at them. "What the hell are you two looking at?!" She yelled.

Colton smiled and looked down at Maya. He pushed her into the pool and he laughed hysterically. She raised to the surface and flipped him off. Everyone outside that saw laughed at what happened before going back to what they were doing. "What the hell?"

"Don't tell me you forgot about our deal." Colton smirked.

"Oh, it's on." Maya said, nodding. She got out of the pool and Colton ran inside. Maya chased him, running as fast as she could. She stubbed her toes a couple times, but limped for her life. As they ran inside, people didn't really seem to care that much. Now the floor was wet with their footprints, the pool water mixing with any spilled beer on the wood floors. Colton ran into a dead end, then smirked at her.

"What are you gonna do, Lemon?" Colton asked. Maya started to walk up to him.

"Get me a towel or I'll beat your ass." Maya demanded. Colton laughed at that.

"Go ahead and try." Colton smirked bigger, crossing his arms.

Maya cracked her knuckles and punched as hard as she could at his stomach. He flexed his muscles and nothing happened. Pain shot up her hand and from the sound of the crack her knuckles made, it didn't do any good on her part. "Holy shit.."