The Battle of the Elites

:Edit:
Raion had arrived and landed in front of us, he told us to politely wait until he creates the perfect battle grounds. That sounds pretty unnecessary, it's a fight. We don't need to make this into a tournament. Also for some reason we are allowing this? He created a field out of anything he found around him in front.

"Mother, I want you to be careful out there. In the future, only father was alive. The dragon balls were no more because of the mass destruction of the weak, he believed that there should be no god but him." Teen Willow whispers to me.

"Just out of curiosity, who dies first?" I asked.

"Piccolo, then after was Krillin." She responds.

Piccolo heard about him dying first, eyes widen. Sometimes I forget those big ears of yours makes your hearing pretty sharp. He turned to us with folded arms and fuming at the news.

"Like hell I'm going to die!" He shouts.

"Well don't worry, I doubt any of us are going to. Just to keep him calm, I prefer we have Piccolo fight him first. I see he is making this as if it were a tournament, plus this'll be my first time seeing everyone else fight." I said.

She nods. Just then, Raion appears behind Vegeta, failing to startle him. His arms were extended outwards as if he were presenting his greatest masterpiece. He tells us that the arena is ready. We turned our focus onto his created field, everyone seemed to be shocked of nostalgia. I'll ask about that later, seems this is familiar to them.

"Alright, the rules are simple. This is a one-versus-one fight. Anyone knocked-out or dies is unable to continue fighting. You forfeit, I'll end your life immediately. Your goal is obvious: try to kill me. If not, this world and all it's species are mine to rule." Raion announces.

We all nodded and landed outside of the arena. It's pretty big. At least we probably won't be destroying anything important around us. I stood between Trunks and Teen Willow. Bulma took off with Tien, Yamcha, Puar, and Baby Willow. Whis and Lord Beerus even came to watch the event unfold. Krillin was holding a small brown bag of Senzu Beans in case we can't get up after the fight.

"I'll leave you all to stretch. This'll be the last time you guys will have this sort of peace, so do take it all in before my ruling. I will be harsh to the weak." Raion says.

I rolled my eyes. I stretched a few times and did side-jumps, coming up with strategies in my head. I've never felt so serious before. After all of this and we kill him, I need to check on my adoptive family. If we fail, they'll surely die. I hope the doctors took care of them.

My brother looked at me worried. He noticed how stern I was being. The rest of the gang noticed as well. I crossed my arms and kept staring at the battle field until it was called to a start. Let's get this over with.

"Athena, you're acting like Vegeta. Try and stay calm. A clear mind can sometimes help." Goku tells me.

"How can I stay calm when the fate of the world is at stake? This isn't something to take lightly, bro. I'm worried about losing." I said.

"You've grown a lot since coming here, I'm confident that we'll win. Trust me, this happens a lot." He told me.

"For some reason I don't doubt that." I muttered.

I smiled a bit. But I'm worried about if one of us died. What if I do die? How will I ever save my family? They are barely holding on to life, the toxins put them into a coma for god's sake! As I was shaking at the thought of never seeing them awake again, a random voice came into my head.

"If you die, you stay up here in my world. I don't believe we've met, I'm King Kai. Those who die come up here with me. I've trained your brother here sometimes also." King Kai tells me.

I looked around, trying to find the person. Goku looks at me weird. I've never heard that voice before! I spun around, trying to identity a person I haven't met yet. My brother comes up to me and held my shoulders gently, slightly shaking me. I looked behind him, no luck. I then pushed him and kept searching.

"Where are you then?" I asked aloud.

"Who are you talking to?" Krillin asks.

"Some guy named King Kai." I told.

Goku laughs, holding his stomach. I looked at him in confusion. The others were holding it back as well. I crossed my arms and demanded to know what was so funny. My brother had his arm around my neck and rubbed my head a little roughly.

"You only talk to him in your head. He must have read your mind about something and is informing you on what happens when you die." Goku tells me.

My eye twitches. Couldn't have said something... made me look like an idiot. My cheeks grew pink in embarrassment, I shook it off and pushed my brother away from me as he kept laughing. Jerk! How are you married?!

"I never even knew Goku had a sister. But don't worry, if one of you guys die or even you, you stay up here in my world until you are wished back by the Dragon Balls." King Kai tells me.

"Alright then." I responded.

Raion had approached us, we all grew stern and ready for a fight. The fight of our lives are on the line, I'm sure we'll win! Our enemy held up his hand in the air and made it into a fist. He grew a mischievous smirk and brought his hand back down to his chest.

"Let the battle commence!" He yells out.

First one up, Piccolo. He threw off his heavy armor and stepped right onto the stage with his opponent. I can finally see how a Namekian warrior fights! Show me your strength Piccolo!